FP and Status change on USCIS website

lil_joe

Registered Users (C)
When they send FP notice, does the status of 485 application change saying " they sent FP notice etc etc"

lil_joe said:
When they send FP notice, does the status of 485 application change saying " they sent FP notice etc etc"

Why I am asking is that I changed address recently.
I sent AR-11 to kentucky and called the USCIS800 no and informed them of address change. They said that they will send letter in 30 days.

Knowing the efficiency of USCIS, I am worried that they will send FP to old address.

If status on website changes atleast, I will be alerted and can get FP notice from lawyer

Thanks

HaveMercy said:
I too have the same situation. Can someone please answer this
Normally they don't. After they receive the fingerprint results then only the status is updated.

I filed my 140/485 in July 2003, changed my address in September 2003 and recvd. the fingure printing notice at my new address yesterday. However, the online msg. is still the same indicating that they have recvd. my application and its taking 365 to 540 days, etc.

message changed..

lil_joe said:

In my case the message was changed when they dispatched FP notice (do not remember the actual words but it said something like they had sent notice for fingerprinting etc)

-new_2004
I140/I485/EAD/AP: 06/07/2004
FP Done: 07/30/2004
CSC-EB3

Dipsite said:
I filed my 140/485 in July 2003, changed my address in September 2003 and recvd. the fingure printing notice at my new address yesterday. However, the online msg. is still the same indicating that they have recvd. my application and its taking 365 to 540 days, etc.

Pls wait for a few days and check whether the status changes. This info will be very useful to me

I have also changed my address and worried that FP wont reach me.

Thanks

Status Changed

lil_joe said:
Pls wait for a few days and check whether the status changes. This info will be very useful to me

I have also changed my address and worried that FP wont reach me.

Thanks

lil_joe,

The case status did in change in my case and an automated email was generated stating that on so and so date we mailed you a notice to appear for finger printing. hope this information is helpful.

regards,
sreddy227

hi want2knowmore
did they send the FP notice to work, home and attorney or just to work and home?

i changed attorneys after i-140 rfe and the i-140 approval however, went to the old attorney instead of the new one. i am worried that if the FP notice goes to the old attormney and not to me then i may not hear abt it.

Finger print notice is sent to you and a copy to attorney. According to the following information from website, the copy of fingerprint notice sent to attorney is sufficient. Refer the following link

http://jackson-hertogs.com/JH/faq/6054.pdf

Not sure if information on web site will be updated. Will track and let you guys if i can find something

Yes they do, I received my FP notice on Aug/09/2004. When i see 485 online status it stated "BCIS sent FP notice...did not receive the notice and wish to update your address etc".