Form I-130 for spouse and unmarried under age child

mayziemcgrew

Hello all. My name is Laura. I'm a US Citizen living in Argentina. I married an Argentine in 2011, and we had our first child in 2016. We're looking to move to the US, so I'm filing a form I-130 for each of them (and my husband is filing a Form I-130a). I have several questions.

1) How long does the process take? I will be mailing everything to Lockbox facility in Chicago.
2) For proof of my bona fide marriage, I'll be sending (aside from my marriage certificate) our daughter's birth certificate where both our names are listed, and proof of joint ownership of our car. Would that suffice? We've been married 7 years.
3) After the forms are approved, how long does the rest of the process take?

Thanks!

First question, were you not able to transfer your US citizenship to your child? Did you not meet the US residence requirements to do so?

I tried, but I lost some of my older passports, so I had no easy way to verify that I met the US residence requirements (I moved back and forth a lot).

I’ve heard of cases reported where they reject petitions of beneficiaries who have a claim to citizenship already, you don’t want to wait a year for the petition to grind through the system only to have it rejected on this basis? Might be worth talking to an immigration lawyer about the situation with the child who has a claim already about how to prove it, depending on your exact age at the time maybe school attendance records or something might be available?

Thanks! After reading this, I checked up on the requirements, and I don't meet them. The requirements states 5 years presence in the US, two of which must have been after the age of 14... I don't meet that requirement.

Thanks! After reading this, I checked up on the requirements, and I don't meet them. The requirements states 5 years presence in the US, two of which must have been after the age of 14... I don't meet that requirement.

Ah, ok (that was actually what I had asked originally ;) ) ok, then I130 is the only option. Remember you’ll need to show intent to re-establish domicile in the US and ability to sponsor or find a co-sponsor as part of the process. Good luck with all of it and your eventual move to the US!

Please what to do when passport is taking longer than expected after a successful interview. It’s been more than 2 weeks. Ceac shows issued. Passport tracking shows nothing at all.
We went to DHL and the lady said they have my name on the list of deliveries yet couldn’t find the package.
Is going to the embassy an option ?
Ticket already purchased.
Please advice.

Please what to do when passport is taking longer than expected after a successful interview. It’s been more than 2 weeks. Ceac shows issued. Passport tracking shows nothing at all.
We went to DHL and the lady said they have my name on the list of deliveries yet couldn’t find the package.
Is going to the embassy an option ?
Ticket already purchased.
Please advice.

Don’t hijack other peoples threads by posting unrelated questions to them. Post your questions on the appropriate thread in the appropriate sub forum. You’re not completely new to this forum, so you should know where to post.

This particular case is not dv related it’s why I thought of posting it here.
Can you please direct me where I can post it?

This particular case is not dv related it’s why I thought of posting it here.
Can you please direct me where I can post it?

My previous response never said anything about your post being DV related. I don’t know what kind of visa you’re talking about so I can’t redirect you. You have to figure out the appropriate sub forum by looking up the “Forum” list and finding the right forum/thread for your post.