form 360

brian davis

Hello,
i was born on a military base in France in 1958
my Dad was stationed there, my mother is an American citizen.
my birth certificate is in french, and i have Form 360
report of child born abroad of american parents
along with my mothers passport, with my picture in it
as a baby, also have my own passport from when i was 15
the trouble i am having, is the department of motor vehicles refusing to accept my birth certificate because it is in french
where can i get a birth certificate in english?
does the department of transportation have to accept form 360 as a legal document along with my birth certificate?
do i have to be made to get other paper work? because of their incompetence?
thank you for reading, this

DMV procedures differ by state. Which state is this? What they want is proof of your U.S. citizenship. Usually, they accept Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certificate of Birth Abroad. However, if due to their incompetence or whatever reason they don't accept it, your current U.S. passport will also definitely work.

the state is Mississippi...why wont they accept the form 360, birth abroad paper work.?
Do they HAVE to accept it? weather they want to or not.
i do not have a current passport. i have my old one
what they indicated they want is my birth certificate in english. my citizenship has not been questioned
to prove citizenship i have my DD214, SSAN card, old passport, and form 360. if all else fails, call my Momma !!!

Hmm it looks like they want a certified birth certificate, regardless of citizenship status. Since your birth certificate is not in English, they will need a translation. This page says it must be "translated by a state run university or an approved translator" (that page is for non-U.S. citizens, and you are a U.S. citizen; but the information about birth certificates I think applies to all foreign or non-English birth certificates). Unfortunately, Mississippi doesn't have very clear information on their website for your case.