forced by employer to join nursing home as director...

drjavi

Registered Users (C)
hi everyone.... i started my waiver almost 6 months b4, now my employer forcing me to take patient from one nursing home as well as directoship of that nursing home which is not a part of hospital..... as per my attorney taking patient on behalf of hospital is ok but directorship will be some administrative duty other than medical which i am not allowed to do, the only way can be nursing home sponsor me for another H1 which is not possible but hospital really pressurizing me to do so..... i want to ask if anybody have some idea on such situation..... if i can do this or not.... thanks

If you can route any moneys you recieve in remuneration for the medical directorship position, through your employers payroll and then onto you, the medical directorship should be OK. As long as you do not recieve a W2 from the nursing home, you may participate in any additional administrative duties through your employer, on the condition that you fulfil 40 hrs per week of direct patient care as stated on your H-1b job description.
Of course, if you are not getting any benefit from this, you may cite your lawyer's advice and refuse to do anything that would jeopardize your status.
This is just my opinion..... anyone else would like to weigh in on this issue?

but hospital really pressurizing me to do so.....

Normally, hospitals are pretty good if you tell them it is illegal, they would abide by it. I would have your lawyer write an informal note..... this is what I would do... if lawyer has an email address, just pose this question to him/her and when she/he responses, just forward that email to the hospital and your employer. This might do the trick.

Good luck!

if you are getting paid for the extra job, why not. but make sure you get the money thru your Employer w2. I do not see a problem if this would give you extra money...