For those who stamped in Dallas or Texas

sbwsoon

Registered Users (C)
I got approval emails yesterday and am going to stamp in Dallas/Texas and have the following questions:

1. Is InfoPass system available in Dallas so that I can make online appointment?

2. Should I prepare for 2 photos for stamping except other documents because I haven't got my formal approval notice and don't know the details and can find details from other threads but if someone has answers in hands, would you also drop lines about other documents.

3. What is the starting time which will be counted for 5-year citizenship?
starting from the day I got approval emails, OR from the day I get stamped OR from the day when the physical card ordered.

Thanks for all of the answers. I hope that I am not posting duplicate message.

Last edited by a moderator:
sbwsoon said:
I got approval emails yesterday and am going to stamp in Dallas/Texas and have the following questions:

1. Is InfoPass system available in Dallas so that I can make online appointment?

2. Should I prepare for 2 photos for stamping except other documents because I haven't got my formal approval notice and don't know the details and can find details from other threads but if someone has answers in hands, would you also drop lines about other documents.

3. What is the starting time which will be counted for 5-year citizenship?
starting from the day I got approval emails, OR from the day I get stamped OR from the day when the physical card ordered.

Thanks for all of the answers. I hope that I am not posting duplicate message.

FYI I'm not stamped in Dallas.

1) Yes. You can find more information by clicking here.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/dallas/aboutus.htm

2) Yes you need 2 passport size photo graphs. The approval notice may say to bring 2 ADIY style photographs but that's changed. You can find more information about photographs by clicking here.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/04_08_02photo_release.pdf
Regarding the other documents, you need to take your Passport, Approval notice, I-94 and any/all approved EAD's and Advance Paroles.

3) I guess the 5-year starting period will be from the date your Adjustment of status(485) is approved since that is the date which is going to appear on your physical green card.

Hi GCPen:

How did you make your appointment? Using InfoPass? What documents are mentioned on your approval notice for stamping? I heard that some people suggest not trust the approval notice because all of the information is still not updated. Thanks.

Hi kmnalluri:

From the first link you provide, I saw it states like "Should you choose to participate in the pilot program, and if you are eligible, you will be able to schedule your appointment time through InfoPass". I am sure that most of us, at least me didn't participate in the pilot program (because the pilot program will process I485 in 90 days). Does that mean that we will not be able to schedule our appointment time through InfoPass. GCPen, can you share your experience? Thanks.

sbwsoon said:
Hi kmnalluri:

From the first link you provide, I saw it states like "Should you choose to participate in the pilot program, and if you are eligible, you will be able to schedule your appointment time through InfoPass". I am sure that most of us, at least me didn't participate in the pilot program (because the pilot program will process I485 in 90 days). Does that mean that we will not be able to schedule our appointment time through InfoPass. GCPen, can you share your experience? Thanks.

That should not concern you. It says you should use INFOPASS if you wish to participate in the 485 pilot program(485 pilot is no way related to you as you are already approved). This has nothing to do with your INFOPASS appointment. Just go to http://infopass.uscis.gov and schedule your appointment. You need to select this option.
"You have received an approval letter or Form I-797C from the Service Center or local office instructing you to come into the office for alien identification card processing / passport stamp."

Hi Kmnalluri:

Thanks. I made an appointment for me. When I tried to make one for my wife. It was no longer available. I will try later. Thanks.

sbwsoon said:
Hi Kmnalluri:

Thanks. I made an appointment for me. When I tried to make one for my wife. It was no longer available. I will try later. Thanks.
It happened to me too. I too tried later and I was able to do it.