For Ray, Vault and Other senior members? - Please help with any information

cnatar02

Registered Users (C)
how a canadian pr can bring in their spouse?

folks, i would appreciate your suggestions, facts and any help with my questions below:

my friend, who got his landing papers now and has to land before sep 30, 2003. now he is planning to get married. now his questions are:

1. should he get married after he completes the landing process in say, sep 2003?

2. is there any problem if he gets married before he lands? if so, what are the implications? (he has applied for PR as single / primary applicant)

3. if he completes his landing process in sep 2003, then gets married say in oct / nov 2003, then how long does he have to wait to get his wife into canada?

4. what is the process to go about in getting PR for his wife in the spouse category?

5. is there a temporary spouse visa or something that she can get to accompany my friend to canada? if so, how difficult it is to get that and what is the process involved in it?

6. is there any other way that she can join my friend immediately after getting married, like getting h4 for h1 visa holder?

7. can she take a visitor visa and accompany my friend to canada? if so, typically how long will she get a visitor visa for? can she extend her visitor visa, later from within canada?

sorry for asking too many questions folks, but my friend is in a confused state right now and i just want to ease his pressure. thanks in advance to everyone who gives info. that they know.