For all who received YL states "you have been arrested..." Ohnoo, anusingh72 and others

allaboutgc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Recently I observed that quite some fellows here received YL which states "you have been arrested...". It appears most of such YLs were triggered by traffic tickets, sometimes even if the traffic tickets were NOT disclosed in N400.

The people I saw here inlude ohnoo, anusingh72, and rdxxs8513.

If you have such experience, could you please let me know if the officer INDEED asked about the traffic tickets (or the so-called "arrest") in the interview (will they look at the YL during the interview?) and if yes, what kind of documents should we prepare accordingly?

I also have 2 traffic tickets, both paid fine. But the problem is that I cannot located either the ticket or the fine receipt, which really worries me. Can someone please help what I should do?

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Call the counties where you got tickets and they should be able to pull/print those receipts or give you no outstanding balance statements. Alternately, you could try to get your traffic (DMV) report.

For small traffic citations, they don't dig much into it. Even if they ask for it, they will take a look at it and move on unless it is DUI or something major.

I also had a traffic ticket. I mentioned in the appication. The IO looked into it and asked the copy. I obatined the copy from the county court office. I showed to her, then she moved to other items.

You may get the copy from the local county/court officer, you may have to ay nominal fee of $2. We have to produce this, I guess.

I disclosed a traffic ticket, got the YL with the "you've been arrested...", was unable to obtain a paid receipt (but did try), but officer did not ask about it.
(The only things IO asked for were my DL and GC to make copies of)