Follow to join procedure

yameen79

Registered Users (C)
I was approved yesterday 8/15 with a message "card production ordered" . I got married 2 years back. But my wife is not in the US. I didnt have non immigrant status like h1 to bring her to us on h4. nor f1. So i couldnt bring her here. I have heard that I can bring her here on follow to join procedure as long as i was married before 485 approval. Well USCIS people do not know that I was married before approval. So what is the procedure to bring her here.

suggestions

Read this forum for complete detail
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=96693&page=121

I was approved yesterday 8/15 with a message "card production ordered" . I got married 2 years back. But my wife is not in the US. I didnt have non immigrant status like h1 to bring her to us on h4. nor f1. So i couldnt bring her here. I have heard that I can bring her here on follow to join procedure as long as i was married before 485 approval. Well USCIS people do not know that I was married before approval. So what is the procedure to bring her here.

suggestions

I824-follow to join

Yameen79,
I am in a similar situation as you, though slightly different.
My I485 was approved on 08/21. I got married in May 2007, got my wife on an H4 visa to the US, filed for her I485 and AP. My wife and I flew out of the US on 08/10 and now my AOS is approved.

I am not sure if her H4 is valid any longer and have to now take her to the US on an immigrant visa. One option I have (I think) is to file I824 and apply for an immigrant visa (follow-to-join) at a US consulate.

Now sure if this is the correct approach or if there are any alternatives.

I am not aware of what all is required for I824 and the timeline involved.