folks who have done stamping recently, what is I-94?? please help

ric2

Registered Users (C)
I think It is the I-94 attached into my passport. It was issued when I first came here with D/S status. My question is wether I should bring my H1B approval notices where a section of them has repeated I-94 information.

Sorry for openning another thread for this question. I'd like to have veteran's attention :)

ric2

ric2, u seem to be developing cold feet before u go for stamping.

Anyway, I'll try to be very succinct here as to what all u need:

a)Original I-94 stapled to your passport that u got at POE last time u entered USA

b)All or any (at least latest) of your I-94 that u got thru ur Employer filing for ur H1B or extension(s) thereof: Generally, Stamping officer may not ask for this but u will do good to carry these. This is bottom right hand side slip on your H1B notice

c)As for ur F-1 status, I don't know much

d)AP and EAD (they may not ask for these as well). But u offer these to the officer to be taken back lest they decide to ask for these later on

Thanks, dma_va. I am not developing 'cold feet'. I am just not clear what I-94 is. My lawyer is confused also. The lawyer said that I should bring all of them. But the paralegal who does the real job that I only need to have the one attached to passport.

Anyway, I take all of them.

thanks again.

ric2..same case here..I am bringing both(one attached in the pp and one in the h1b)..hope we have a nice day at Newark tomorrow

ric2:

The last I-94 will be atttached to your passport. I presume all previous one's are supposed to be taken away at the port of entry. So basically, what is reqd is the last one...

I have never been out of the country since I came here. So I have all three in my hand. Thanks God for setting me free finally.

Originally posted by samuel29
ric2:

The last I-94 will be atttached to your passport. I presume all previous one's are supposed to be taken away at the port of entry. So basically, what is reqd is the last one...