Folder for Rajiv khanna\'s responses to the questions.

Fan of Khanna

Please add a different folder for the responses given out by Rajiv khanna for the questions that are posted. This will eliminate all the fake and inaccurate responses given by some of the people those who use this valuable site for fun.

No Title

I\'am a US citizen, My parents are hear in US , How long will it be before they get their GC? I will be sponsoring for them.
Do you know of any health insurance company who accept pre-existing conditions after they get their GC?

Padmaja

No Title

No clue, but if you call me, I will give you the contacs of a couple of people whho might be able to guide you. Regards. Rajiv.

No Title

My I-140 papers were inadvertenly(?) sent to the general mailing address instead of specific mail box no. Does this effect the processing (I mean will it get delayed) or any other repurcussions.

No Title

Dear Rajeev,

I would like to congratulate you for maintaining a wondraful website for the benefit of immirgants.

Could you add some where in the website your thoughts about the unclear aspects of the INS processing.It may be updated periodically.

some questions?

Why do everyone think that priority dates retrogress?
Why some applicants get approved while other applicants wait. this happens within the same Service Center.
What the law says about portability

Awaiting your inputs on these issues in your website

No Title

Hmmm. The problem is, once I start answering quetsions, the entire focus then is put on asking us rather than sharing info. But I do see your point. Let me talk with my team memebers today. See if there is a solution. May be we can even do a half hour phone conefernce every other week. That is a lot easier for me. Let me have your thoughts.

No Title

Thanks for your prompt reply and understanding the problem in the correct perspective. Could you post your suggestion as to which folder I should refer to get you/your teams input on such sensitive/delicate issues.

No Title

Rajeev Khanna

Thanks for your reply on priority date related question. I have a simple math. could you analyse this with your experience and advice the immigration community.

Year Visa quota
1998 65000
1999 115000
2000 195000
Total 375000

Assuming that around 25000 never came to US or went back.
With the law allowing combining all the GC quota of 140000 for each year should not be there enough GC numbers to cater the present demand.
Your thoughts on the above is requested

Gurus:
I read most of the stuff here. It look like every case is a case of its own.

I gave my friend address as my perm. address in NY state (I never lived there). I had never changed my address during the whole GC Process, though I moved from state to state. I still carry MI state drv licence. I gave FP at different state. Now I am residing in different state. I had rcvd GC approval.
1. Where should I go for stamping?
2. If I should go for stamping at my current address
a) Should I change INS address and drv licence etc., before going to stamping
b) Should I change INS address and drv licence etc., after going to stamping
c) Should I change INS address during stamping
3. Morever, Is it wise to wait for my wife approval also to go for stamping?

Any idea, will be highly appreciated.

No Title

Hi, This is a classic case of Indian bureaucracy(actually its the same everywhere). All U got to do is if ask somebody in India to go about it on Ur behalf and say that U are appearing for FPGEE and U need that certificate for applying --I dont see any reason why they shouldnt do that. It just means more of running around them and making them feel like Gods....thats the only thing that works with the so caleed "babus".- U should get it \'coz I know a lot of people (with a case like Urs) who have got it . Best of luck.

Operations,

1] If during LC/140/485 filing, sponsor is different from current employer, is an RFE always generated ? If so, what is the content? Is an interview always scheduled ? If so, what is reqd in terms of documents during interview?

2] what is the criteria [if any !] for generating an employment RFE ? [485 case]

3] I see many posting Re: RFE asking for paystubs, w2, tax returns, employment letter etc . Does this mean that these were not submitted with the 485 application ? and that those who did submit these documents will not get an RFE at least on these issues ? [485 case]

Thanks for your response.

India expected to Okay for Dual Citizenship from January-2003

Hi Mr Rajeev sir,

How is much is this true which I saw on Yahoo news...?

Here is the Link http://in.news.yahoo.com/021021/57/1wnxu.html

Nitish Rele

Florida: Come January 2003 and the Indian government is expected to okay dual citizenship for 22 million people of Indian origin scattered around the world.

This would first cover people of Indian origin settled in the United States, Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

Akshay Desai of St Petersburg, Florida, believes that dual citizenship will allow Indian diaspora to participate in all spheres of life in their country of origin, whether it’s the political process or business and so on.

‘‘I will apply for dual citizenship,’’ said Bimal Parikh, also a US citizen, of Houston, Texas. ‘‘Hopefully, that will eliminate the cumbersome visa process for me, entitle me to own property in India and, maybe allow me to be a part of the political process there.’’

Ani Agnihotri of Atlanta, Georgia isn’t a US citizen himself but his daughter, who was born here, is.
‘‘Soon, we will be making a decision on whether we have to take US citizenship as well,’’ said Agnihotri, who is president of the Georgia-Indo American Chamber of Commerce. ‘‘It is an emotional issue for us, for it would mean losing our Indian citizenship. How can you forget your motherland?’’

Like thousands of Indian-American immigrants, Agnihotri came to the US as a student. He sees indications that in the coming years India and the US will emerge as strategic partners in business and geopolitics.

For Vinod Vasudeva of Orlando, Florida dual citizenship is important as it would give him back the right ‘‘to vote in the country of my birth’’.

‘‘India is not far from us; it resides within our hearts. But when we have to go back to the motherland, it is a demeaning feeling to have to knock on the door (to get a visa) to enter your own house (country).’’ The Orlando Indian radio programme host said.

Opening up the doors will bring investments, he explains, which will result in more job opportunities, state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies that should improve the socio-economic situation besides bringing in critical foreign exchange

All U got to do is if ask somebody in India to go about it on Ur behalf and say that U are appearing for FPGEE and U need that certificate for applying. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't do that.

Dear Mr. Rajiv Sir,

I was granted F1 visa to pursue Master of Science (MSc) at Virginia Commonwealth University by the US embassy in Chennai on 26th July 2006. My visa is expiring on 23rd July 2011.

I’m now registered for Ph.D., at the same university. I have been issued a new I-20 which is valid up to 31st Dec 2013.

As I would now have to stay in USA for extended period to complete my Ph.D., I wish to apply for extension of my visa. Do I have to visit India to get it extended or is there some way that it can be done here in USA?

Please Advice.

Thank you!

Pls Rajiv, do something to this new mobile format, its like taking us back to the 14th century, the previous format was perfectly ok, however, i appreciate ur effort in trying to introduce the photo part of it, i think it should be inputed into the old format, the new one does not encourage me to go online because i cannot view previous pages, can't access my settings, the new photo stuff is not functioning as i couldn't get a link to upload my photo and it does not display my signature. I must commend u for trying to improve on the site for our benefit, and hoping that u'll see to our complains. Thanks

Why do everyone think that priority dates retrogress?
Why some applicants get approved while other applicants wait. this happens within the same Service Center.
What the law says about portability???

please answer my question!!
Thanks!!

Hey every 1

Could you add some where in the website your thoughts about the unclear aspects of the INS processing.It may be updated periodically.

some questions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Can you please explain your request in more detail. What area of USCIS processing do you need information about? Please be more specific. thanks