FOIPA Response from Mr. Hardly's office

sree2005

Registered Users (C)
I am stuck on name check since 7/8/05. However my wife NC was cleared recently.

I wrote a FOIPA letter to Hardly office 3 weeks back. I received a response from David Hardly office on FOIPA request. It says "No records responsive to your FOIPA request were located by a search of the automated indeces".

What does this to me? good or bad? Please advise.

I am stuck on name check since 7/8/05. However my wife NC was cleared recently.

I wrote a FOIPA letter to Hardly office 3 weeks back. I received a response from David Hardly office on FOIPA request. It says "No records responsive to your FOIPA request were located by a search of the automated indeces".

What does this to me? good or bad? Please advise.

Hello sree2005,
I sympathize with your name check hell. Unfortunately, the FOIPA has little consequence or is only partially applicable to the actual name check that occurs within the scope of the National Name Check Program. Now, that doesn't mean that this isn't good to know. Knowledge that their primary databases do not have any negative hits against you is a very good thing, and I don't want to make light of it, but realize that this does not mean that your name check might be processed in the same expediency. Might I suggest that you send a letter to the White House addressed to the First Lady? Its been proven to work way too many times to not notice a consistent pattern wherein individuals who've undertaken this, including myself, have received a letter from the FBI in about 2-3 months informing them that either their name check is cleared, or it has cleared a month or so after (after getting a "in process" letter from them). Its good to know that your wife's name check is cleared. I presume she's the derivative on your application.
Anyway, if it helps, here's a blurb from the FBI itself off their website distinguishing the FOIPA and Name Check:

Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (FOIPA) vs. Name Check: Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts (FOIPA) requests are sometimes confused with name check requests. FOIPA provides copies of FBI files relevant to a specific FOIPA request. For FOIPA, the FBI search uses the name or information as provided in the FOIPA request. A FOIPA search determines whether there is an investigative file associated with an individual—a “main file” search. For a name check, “main files” and “reference files” are both checked, in addition to searching a name in a multitude of combinations.

Good luck and if you're looking for letter templates for writing to the First Lady, a search on these forums would supply you with several.
Regards.

Thank You ks_cc

Hello sree2005,
I sympathize with your name check hell. Unfortunately, the FOIPA has little consequence or is only partially applicable to the actual name check that occurs within the scope of the National Name Check Program. Now, that doesn't mean that this isn't good to know. Knowledge that their primary databases do not have any negative hits against you is a very good thing, and I don't want to make light of it, but realize that this does not mean that your name check might be processed in the same expediency. Might I suggest that you send a letter to the White House addressed to the First Lady? Its been proven to work way too many times to not notice a consistent pattern wherein individuals who've undertaken this, including myself, have received a letter from the FBI in about 2-3 months informing them that either their name check is cleared, or it has cleared a month or so after (after getting a "in process" letter from them). Its good to know that your wife's name check is cleared. I presume she's the derivative on your application.
Anyway, if it helps, here's a blurb from the FBI itself off their website distinguishing the FOIPA and Name Check:

Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (FOIPA) vs. Name Check: Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts (FOIPA) requests are sometimes confused with name check requests. FOIPA provides copies of FBI files relevant to a specific FOIPA request. For FOIPA, the FBI search uses the name or information as provided in the FOIPA request. A FOIPA search determines whether there is an investigative file associated with an individual—a “main file” search. For a name check, “main files” and “reference files” are both checked, in addition to searching a name in a multitude of combinations.

Good luck and if you're looking for letter templates for writing to the First Lady, a search on these forums would supply you with several.
Regards.

Thanks a lot and i really appreciate your time on this. Your suggestions are useful for me.

Thanks a lot and i really appreciate your time on this. Your suggestions are useful for me.

NP dude, anytime. We all help each other.
Now, I forgot to mention earlier, if and when you send the letter to the office of the First Lady, attach a copy of the FOIPA response with it. I'm not certain that its effective, but folks who've attached the response have statistically been graced with a positive letter from the FBI (name check finalized and sent to USCIS in DC) rather than the "in process" letter. Note that in the latter case, the name check seems to clear about a month after getting that letter, so if you do for whatever reason get an "in process", don't sweat it.
I also recommend sending a letter to the CIS Ombudsman, Mr. Prakash Khatri. His office is aware of the issues faced by the immigrant community due to the name checks and its on his agenda to be addressed for this year. If nothing else, it gets your case looked at from various individuals.