Fix the Material Support Bar

Simply Amazing! Can you post this in trackitt website too? Lets try to spread the word around for this, shall we? Just what the doctor ordered for us!

I just noticed that my father also falls under Tier III ( since his political party was enlisted ) and I'm in shell shock. Can I leave the country?

It doesn't say anything about a derivative asylee being able to leave the country, does it? My patience is totally running out and my mental ordeal has escalated since yesterday.

It doesn't say anything about a derivative asylee being able to leave the country, does it? My patience is totally running out and my mental ordeal has escalated since yesterday.

I am sure that the asylee derivatives were exempt, but you need to contact a lawyer just to make sure...and don't rely just on the forum chating

I am sure that the asylee derivatives were exempt, but you need to contact a lawyer just to make sure...and don't rely just on the forum chating

I received a recommended approval and I have been waiting for a final approval. My EAD has been pending for almost 10 weeks. They keep saying that my EAD application is on hold until my background check is complete.

Do you think that my EAD application is stuck because of the Inadmissibility Bar even though they issued a recommended approval for me?

Please help.

Hi Assylum,
I don't think the delay in your EAD is due to inadmissibility. Usually it takes some time for EAD, mine took 5 month, and also if you are inadmissible you shouldn't get approved since they recently check your background before you get approved. (This is just my opinion)

Hi Assylum,
I don't think the delay in your EAD is due to inadmissibility. Usually it takes some time for EAD, mine took 5 month, and also if you are inadmissible you shouldn't get approved since they recently check your background before you get approved. (This is just my opinion)

Thank you asylee_1999,
Did they tell you why your EAD took so long? Did they mention the nadmissibility bar or background check or something like that????

Thank you asylee_1999,
Did they tell you why your EAD took so long? Did they mention the nadmissibility bar or background check or something like that????

so far u have not received the EAD? Thats strange! I wish I had an idea but I don't. Can you receive the temporary EAD at least? I know after a certain delay you are entitled to it. You should check with your local USCIS if you are outside the 90 days.

I wish you luck & let us know.

You should check with your local USCIS if you are outside the 90 days.

I wish you luck & let us know.

I already contacted them. They keep saying they can't do anything until the background check is complete. They said they can't issue temporary EAD either.

Is there any body who talked to Senator Leahy's office recently?
Senator Leahy has vowed to introduce a new legislation on the tier III material support, if the DHS is not willing and able to use the waiver authrity given to DHS secretary under CAA 2007.

Is there any body who talked to Senator Leahy's office recently?
Senator Leahy has vowed to introduce a new legislation on the tier III material support, if the DHS is not willing and able to use the waiver authrity given to DHS secretary under CAA 2007.

I did, I called vermont office which they transfered me to their DC office. "They didn't work any legislation yet but they expected to be if any in the spring of next year".

I'm supposed to file for my Green Card in February/March next year. I get the feeling that my case will be placed in hold too ( since my father has been found inadmissible ). Has any derivative asylee in here filed for GC ( whose parent was found inadmissible ) and been granted permanent residency status?

I did, I called vermont office which they transfered me to their DC office. "They didn't work any legislation yet but they expected to be if any in the spring of next year".

Asylee_1999
Did Senator Leahy's people tell you any progress being made by the DHS? I mean I know the senator has talked to DHS secretary couple of times on this issue, and the secretary told him she is exerting maximum effort to solve this problem.

Have you heard any thing what the special adviser to DHS Mr. Brandon Prelogar on 11/12/09 at the panel hosted by MPI in DC? I tried to find out what he said on that panel but couldn't find any thing. The panel was held after the paper by Human Rights First was released ( I guess it is a response to that paper). Please find out what the result of the panel was and let us know.

I am from Ethiopia too...sick and tired of the uncertainity. I am caught in limbo, I lost many employment opprtunities because of GC.

asylee_1999,

When did you call Senator Leah's office?
I talked to Senator Kyl's staff too (he was the co-sponsor) with senator Leahy, they told me the same thing. Please keep me informed when there is a major progress in your case.

asylee_1999,

When did you call Senator Leah's office?
I talked to Senator Kyl's staff too (he was the co-sponsor) with senator Leahy, they told me the same thing. Please keep me informed when there is a major progress in your case.

About 2 month ago. What they said "they are monitoring the progress but if the issue is not resolve until next year, they will work to introduce legislation that will solve this issue" I will keep you updated with any news.