Five years and several gray hair later!!! - 485 approved

jatt5abda

Registered Users (C)
Okay - so I just came back from a friends place and checked my mail...my heart skipped a beat.

I-140/485 filed on April 6th 2004 after looooong delays and RFE's. I140 approved Aug 11/04 and 485 approved April 05/05.

Also, along with all this, I have a question. I resigned from my company on March 28th and the case got approved exactly 7 days later. Now my lawyer is saing that - "If your AOS case is approved and you do not submit AOS portability letters notifying them of the change in employment, or at the time of approval you are not employed with a US employer in the same/similar occupation, then there is a question as to the validity of your green card."

Does this mean that even after 485 approval I have to file for AC21???? im like WTF?? Can someone help me understand if this is an issue...or if the lawyer is just trying to get $850 outta me.

Thanks a bunch for ur replies!!

congratulations! Enjoy.. Post your question in AC-21 forum you may get better help.
Also please post more detials about your case. FP RFE etc. Thanks

jatt5abda said:
Okay - so I just came back from a friends place and checked my mail...my heart skipped a beat.

I-140/485 filed on April 6th 2004 after looooong delays and RFE's. I140 approved Aug 11/04 and 485 approved April 05/05.

Also, along with all this, I have a question. I resigned from my company on March 28th and the case got approved exactly 7 days later. Now my lawyer is saing that - "If your AOS case is approved and you do not submit AOS portability letters notifying them of the change in employment, or at the time of approval you are not employed with a US employer in the same/similar occupation, then there is a question as to the validity of your green card."

Does this mean that even after 485 approval I have to file for AC21???? im like WTF?? Can someone help me understand if this is an issue...or if the lawyer is just trying to get $850 outta me.

Congratulations! So your GC journey started 5 years ago? That means labour approval took a long time?
Can you post your FP details and filed under what category, when you get a chance?
Thanks!

jatt5abda said: