fired please help

adj48563

Registered Users (C)
I got my GC approved last month and card are received 2 weeks back. Now my emp. is firing me.
MY case is NIW based on research. it will take couple of months to find a new one based on the same title.
IS there any changes of INS revoking my green card right away if they know about this or will they ask for more details.

JoeF or some one please let me know about this

joef

Is my gc still legitmate if I find a new job in couple of months almost in the same area on which my 140 was approved(NIW)
Please let me know your opinion.

thanks

You GC should be legitimate since your employer fired you, not you fired them instead.

At the time of getting your green card, you should have the intent to work for your employer indefinitely at good will. If this is the case (meaning no fraud was involved with how you obtained your green card), you may document what happened between you and the employer and explained to BCIS during future naturalization, if asked, why you left the employer so soon after getting your green card.

You should be OK even without job in future. You staying in the US should be legitimate now that you have green card with you.

For naturalization purposes, yes, have the company document why they let you go. (You might need that)

Regarding your fear: Unless your company contacts Immigration, and for some bizzare reason they try to revoke your GC, you should be ok. (Even this "worst-case scenario" is almost absurd).

If I were you, I would try to leave on "good terms" and get on with your life.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: