Fingerprint Notification

alanpero

Registered Users (C)
Today I got in my mail an INS notification for fingerprinting. This is the first notice I receive from INS since the beginning of October 98 when INS notified me that they had received my application by the beginning of September 98.
It seems that INS is moving as per the latest time processing posted in another discussion.
I believe annv and other people have similar Received and Notice dates. Please post if you have received anything. Thanks

Great news Alan !!!

God bless !! I got mine notice of action October 2, 1998. Will check the mail with new hope every day.

Can you post some details from the finger printing procedure?

Thanks

Great news, Alan! I believe, you should wait request for medical evaluation form now. I try not to get my hopes up,but I will receive anything I will post immediately. At least now we know that INS is actually working..
PS: Is there any news from JackArcher?

annv

Yeah, certainly is a good new to know that after so many years somebody at INS was assigned to take my application out of the shelf. As for the medical examination, I do not think they will ask for anything else, because I already passed that examinaton and was included with my original I-485. It is my understanding that will suffice.
Stay alert, and make sure INS knows your current address you should be receiving news in the short term.
I will keep you posted with my experience in the fingerprinting process.
No, we don't know anything about Jack.
Good luck

congratulations

Dear Alanpero,

I am very pleased to learn about your fingerprint notice and would like to congratulate you. I am sure that you will be approved in the next few months. Keep us posted.

Gilbert

Hi Alan,

Congrats, I wish you a speedy process and I believe that at this rate INS may process beyound September 30th before the year runs out.
Goodluck Alan.
Owusu.

fingerprints

I am so glad today!
I have got my fingerprint notification. My GC application was received by INS on January 1999, asulam was approved on December 1 1997.
My God, I can not believe i have got something from them after so many years of silence...
Friends, who knows from own experience - how long it takes from here to getting green card?
My son is going to be 21 by the end of November this year, I do not think I can do anything about him - I will be late...
But -how wonderfull day is today for me!
I lost already most of my hopes....:D

I start worrying. If I will not receive mie in a month, I probably will go full psycho. I have a bad feeling about it. BTW, remember reading in some INS QA, that because it medical evaluation are good for one year, they will send out Medical Evaluation requests and that it is not necessary to send it with I-485 application. I could not find this link, when I wanted to veryfi it. Did anyone heard anything about it?

Tanks, and don't worry

Thanks to rik-tik-tak, Gilbert, annv, owusu, etc and to all you guys. I will keep you posted with details of my application.
Annv, don't worry too much, and put your bad feelings away. Be patient and stay alert.
Remember that all the applications now are being handled by NSC, and they no longer depend on local INS offices to know how many I-485's have 'approvable' status. So, the 'first come, first serve' rule should work much better now.
As for the medical examination, I am not expecting any further inquiry. I went through that process (it was time consuming and kind of expensive also) and filed everything with my I-485, including vaccination, as it was required.
Back then; INS knew the adjusting process was going to last more than one year. I believe the one-year requirement is for the fingerprints.
Anyway, we are experiencing now a I-485 processing procedure different from the one followed by INS, for those applications filed before June 98 (at local INS offices) and experiences we have heard from people that filed their I-485's at local INS offices do not necessarily apply for people like us, that filed I-485's at NSC.
Good luck and keep us posted with any new regarding your case.

validity of medical exams

The INS is supposed to honor exams if they were less than one year old ON THE DATE THEY WERE RECEIVED by the INS. I do not believe they will ask for a second exam in most situations.

Two years ago asylees were required to submit their medicals when applying for adjustment of status. That policy was changed in 2000 and now asylees must wait until the INS asks them to be examined.

I am glad for you, Alan! Congratulation!
Hope, you will get your GC soon.
I think, they should not ask you for 2nd medical exem.
But as for me - i applied for ajustment in January99 (receiving notification date from INS) and I did not send my medical exem, because of somebody's from INS explanation I should not, it only good for 1 year, so I better wait.
I do not know now should I wait them to ask me to do exem or should do it on my own now. The time needed for that will probably delay my case.

Asylum process

good,luck.
My process
Asylun granted in 1996
file i485 feb 1998
interview march 1999
finger print notice in feburary 2002
Green arrived in may 2002
backdate one year.
Any information if asylee gc will be backdated to
the time asylum was granted?

I don't understand, why they sent notices to applications from 12/98, but not to mine 9/98. Is it possible that within certain period they go by alphabeth order? I know it sounds crazy, but strange things happened...

BACKDATING GCtest1001

To the best of my recallection,it is supposed to be four years after gc has been granted for one to qualify for citizenship not backdated to the time asylum was granted.If this information is innacurate please advice me.

Jack's Update

Hi Fellows,

I lost the password to my old account. Anywayz here's an update on my case:

On 07/20/02 I received a second finger print notice to go the local support center on 08/23/02. Here's a track record of my case:

Asylum approved in September 1996

Applied for I-485 in September 1997 (at Local District Office)

First finger print notice+interview notice received in February 2001.

June 2002-Received a notice from local District office that my case has been transfered to NSC in Nebreska.

August 2002- Went to local support center for second FP.

I think things are moving in the right direction at a very slow pace. Hopefully I'll get my approval (stamping appointment) notice in late this year or early next year.

long time no see

Thank you for this update. It is obvious that you are moving along and I am sure your approval is imminent. Stay in touch.

Re: Asylum process

Originally posted by test1001
good,luck.
My process
Asylun granted in 1996
file i485 feb 1998
interview march 1999
finger print notice in feburary 2002
Green arrived in may 2002
backdate one year.
Any information if asylee gc will be backdated to
the time asylum was granted?

Did the INS call you for Passport/I-94 stamping or they totally skipped it and mailed you the greencard after the 2nd finger print?

Thanks