Fingerprint Notice Fax Copy Accepted?

kaushik123

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

I found out that my fingerprinting for I-485 is tomorrow!! I used an attorney to file, and my attorney received the notice from Immigration which he has faxed to me. However, for some reason my original appointment letter for FP has not arrived yet and it is too late to get my attorney to mail me his copy.

Will they accept a fax copy of the appointment letter in lieu of the original?

Thanks

Sorry to know that !! But they need the Original notice buddy !! During the FP,they will take the original.

One possibility i could think of is,try to go a day or two delayed.. I am not sure if that can be done... But i know for sure,they need the Original !!

Meanwhile,you are not gonna loose by going there. So,go there and see if they give a workaround !!

kaushik123 said:
Hi!

I found out that my fingerprinting for I-485 is tomorrow!! I used an attorney to file, and my attorney received the notice from Immigration which he has faxed to me. However, for some reason my original appointment letter for FP has not arrived yet and it is too late to get my attorney to mail me his copy.

Will they accept a fax copy of the appointment letter in lieu of the original?

Thanks

What I heard is, As long as the fax copy is clear and bar code in the FP is readable, then it should be ok. Please note that I read this somewhere on this forum (Finger Print Issues forum) few months back.

Explain your situation when you go for FP and Try your luck.

Good luck to you.