Finger Printing.... HELP!!!

palluji

Registered Users (C)
I went for my finger printing yesterday and they were unable to take my right thumb print because of a skin allergy.

Could you please tell me what\'s going to happen. Will I get an RFE to go for FP again?

No Title

I had a simillar problem. I have ECZEMA which means my skin peels off quite often. Except my two thumbs, the machine was able to scan the rest of the fingers. Still the women who took the fingerprint, said to me if the FBI requests again, you have to come here again to get the fingerprinting. Waiting for it.

If they don\'t send fingerprints to FBI in the first place, put some medicine, smooth your fingers and as soon as it gets better and you think will pass the test, go for fingerprinting (don\'t worry about dates or time, go as early as possible, approx 7 am).

treatment

I have the same skin problem, it is called Atopic Dermatitis. I went to see a dermatologist last Tuesday. He told me: first of all, do NOT use any soap or chemical on your hands for 2 weeks, rinse your hands with running water if you have to, second, soak your hands in water for 15-20 minutes every night before bed, then, dry them and put on some hand lotion or vasolin. It worked! My hands are much better now and it only took 3 days. Try it! The most important thing is to avoid any kind of chemicals. Good luck!

Adding some more info

I had the similar issue. Root Cause is washing and/or cleaning with HOT WATER, due to this weather. DO NOT wash your hands with HOT WATER. Use light warm water (possible near to room temp). This helped me little.

Finger Printing & Adding Spouse Name

Hi,

I am single but have filed for 485 and my FP is on way now can I go for it and add my spouse name before I get my 485 approval or should I extend my FP? Does anybody know what is the max months I can extend my FP Appointment?

Thanks... another question...

Thanks for all your feedback. I had another question: can I call up the FBI directly and find out if they received my FP from the INS support Center? If yes, then could you please give me the number. ALso, how soon can I call them? I had my finger printing done last Thursday (11/29/01).

FBI number

You can call this number:
1-304-625-5590 (Option 4) and ask if they receive and proccess your finger-prints.

I have done my finger prints on 11/29 and I plan to call them tomorrow.

Message for Vali Balescu

Hey Vali:

I called up the FBI yesterday and they said that they received my prints and have sent notification to the INS. I am not sure what he meant by that. I then asked him if they were able to read my prints and he said that he does not have liberty to say. Strange. What about your case?

No Title

Palluji,

Exactly the same happened to me. You have to wait and see. But one thing happened to me. I checked the VSC AVM after 10 days FBI sent the fingerprints.

My AVM says, it takes 365 - 540 days to process this kind of appln.
But for my wife, it says, your fingerprint has been received.

So I don\'t really know, whether my finger print is a problem.

One thing we could do is, WAIT, WAIT and WAIT....

Best wishes,

Hey Rajesh Ven

I called up the INS AVM last night and checked my wife and my case. The AVM says "Your finger print were rcvd on.... and are pending review" for both our cases.

Could you throw some light on what this means?

Thanks

You are good to go!

Hi palluji,

You are good to go as long as it says "Pending Review". This is my guess. As mine did not say that. It said "Your I-485 was received and it takes 365 -540 days to process". But my wife who sent it one the same day as mine got the message "Pending Review".

So, If I am correct, you are good.

Rajesh,