Finay Got approved

letsien

Registered Users (C)
finally Got APPROVED :)

To make the story short, I was detained by ICE and placed in Removal Proceedings for an F1 visa violation "I registered 9 instead of 12 Credits as required by law". I was in ICE custody for 30 days and my family raised & posted $20 000 bond b4 i was released. I got married to my longtime girlfriend then Filed for my I-130 a week b4 my master hearing. I gathered documentation to prove that our marriage was bona fide and had family members from both sides accompany us to our master hearing. The judge granted us with a continuance to allow uscis to approve my I-130 petition. My I-130 got approved with out being called in for an interview while being in removal proceedings.

I filed my I-485 with the court and on 09/28/07 the judge granted me with my residency. The same day i be came a legal resident just got an email from USCIS my card is in production. This whole process took about 10 months and cost an arm and a leg.

To those who are still waiting on their immigration benefits just remain patient all things will work out it just takes time.

This forum has been very helpful and i enjoyed this forum's helpful community

Thanx

I'm not for status violations, but being held on $20,000 bail for a month for registering for 9 instead of 12 credit hours seems very harsh to me... well, congrats on become a permanent resident, I beat you by two days! (But I always registered for a full time course load on F-1 :p)

Congratulations!!! I am sorry you had to go through all those tough times to get your green card!

Wow Your journey is definitely like a movie. Congrats!!
$20,000 paid for the peace for the rest of your life w your wife. It worths every penny!!
Would you mind to tell us the days in custody? (Ignore this question if you don't feel comfortable to tell)

I'm not for status violations, but being held on $20,000 bail for a month for registering for 9 instead of 12 credit hours seems very harsh to me... well, congrats on become a permanent resident, I beat you by two days! (But I always registered for a full time course load on F-1 :p)

Are you kidding me.:eek: Congrats would be just fine. Me Me Me Me give me a break.

Hey man Congrats, like the other members said sorry you had to go through your delima. I bet this have made you a stronger person. I think it was you that told us your story a little while back.

Last edited by a moderator:
$20,000 paid for the peace for the rest of your life w your wife. It worths every penny!!
Would you mind to tell us the days in custody? (Ignore this question if you don't feel comfortable to tell)

I don't know how being locked up works but I am guessing the $20,000 are not lost.

Isn't it just like collateral until his case gets solved which it has, so he gets it back, or at least part of it.

Once again congrats LESTIEN.

I don't know how being locked up works but I am guessing the $20,000 are not lost.

Isn't it just like collateral until his case gets solved which it has, so he gets it back, or at least part of it.

Once again congrats LESTIEN.

Yes the bond is returned to you when your case is resolved or if you leave the country if deported

Well being detained was not fun at all, but from my personal experience i was sent to a private ins detention center. This was like staying at a motel 6, We were treated with respect n dignity. the guards were not allowed to shout, yell or even touch you or they will get fired and possible have criminal charges filed against them. Detainees were protected by the Geneva Convention laws. But i felt sorry for those people who were from South America, They were badly treated mainly because they did not speak English. Most of them were disrespected an technically had no rights. but if you were a citizen of any other continent you were treated like you were a king at TAX PAYERS expense. In my opinion if you are detained at a private facility its nothing like serving a jail/prison term. You have so many things available to you and free time at US tax payers expense, that is not right for tax payers and i think the system should be over hulled.

I have never been arrested in my life before this. But out of this i learned a lot and became a better person

Well being detained was not fun at all, but from my personal experience i was sent to a private ins detention center. This was like staying at a motel 6, We were treated with respect n dignity. the guards were not allowed to shout, yell or even touch you or they will get fired and possible have criminal charges filed against them. Detainees were protected by the Geneva Convention laws. But i felt sorry for those people who were from South America, They were badly treated mainly because they did not speak English. Most of them were disrespected an technically had no rights. but if you were a citizen of any other continent you were treated like you were a king at TAX PAYERS expense. In my opinion if you are detained at a private facility its nothing like serving a jail/prison term. You have so many things available to you and free time at US tax payers expense, that is not right for tax payers and i think the system should be over hulled.

I have never been arrested in my life before this. But out of this i learned a lot and became a better person

What did you do during your "free" time?

I'd rather have my tax payer $ sent to treat an innocent person good than have them spent in war or to abuse innocent people!

Glad it all worked out for you and congratulations and I'm sorry you had to go through all that! Enjoy your PR!

Don't need one on someone else's bad luck:rolleyes: especially when it comes to dealing with requirements and immigration

I'm sure you realize that the OP's AOS has just been approved, therefore I think it is appropriate to have some light-hearted comments. I would not make a humorous comment about someone who's currently going through trouble with their immigration process, and you can read all my previous posts to verify. In case you didn't get it, I don't think my registring for a full time course load had anything to do with getting my AOS approved two days before the OP's. After all, I haven't even been on F-1 for about 6 years. :D Before SEVIS and all that jazz. (Back then we had F-1 reinstatement available, do they still have that?)

But I want to apologize to the OP, no offense intended with my comment.

Trinigirl, I noticed your application is still pending too, so I wish you good luck!

I'm sure you realize that the OP's AOS has just been approved, therefore I think it is appropriate to have some light-hearted comments. I would not make a humorous comment about someone who's currently going through trouble with their immigration process, and you can read all my previous posts to verify. In case you didn't get it, I don't think my registring for a full time course load had anything to do with getting my AOS approved two days before the OP's. After all, I haven't even been on F-1 for about 6 years. :D Before SEVIS and all that jazz. (Back then we had F-1 reinstatement available, do they still have that?)

But I want to apologize to the OP, no offense intended with my comment.

Trinigirl, I noticed your application is still pending too, so I wish you good luck!

I would hope not, I just do not like when people throw stone because someone messed up. I do think people deserve at least a second chance. BTW thank you and I wish you the same, I wish I got get my EAD like you that would be nice. Are you working yet?

Thanks for telling us your experience. It sounds like the situation is not as scary as we could think of. However, for those detainees who can't speak English is really a nightmare for them. God bless them. Language is really very very important...Dignity & respect are gained thru it....
I wish you a better life w yr wife !!

I would hope not, I just do not like when people throw stone because someone messed up. I do think people deserve at least a second chance. BTW thank you and I wish you the same, I wish I got get my EAD like you that would be nice. Are you working yet?

My EAD card was largely a non-event because I've been working on H-1B for almost six years now. I mainly got it because I was curious about what my picture will look like and because of the cool hologram on it. ;) ... I suppose it would have come in very handy though when my H-1B would have expired three months later.

I can't wait to get mine so I can start my business. It's taking a long time, I guess I have no other choice but to wait. In the mean time all I do is keep house, go to the gum, do research for my future busniess and I guess fight with people on this site. No contribution to this forum at all lol. whatever.