Finally RD Oct 2 2000 approved

Radek

Registered Users (C)
RD 10-2-00
ND 1-11-00
AD 1-14-02
EB3, other

Me and my daughter got rfe in Nov, INS received response on Nov 29.
My wife got rfe on Dec 4th, INS received response on Dec 21.
All cases approved yesterday.

I was expecting approval in late Oct, early Nov, so I waited with EAD renewal (expired Jan 3rd). My wife spoke in person with an officer at local office. She was told that we could file for EAD renewal there, so this is what I did. It took them more than 6 weeks to return papers saying I should\'ve sent it to NSC -- screw them. I did so a week ago. This time the response was very prompt -- after 7 days, I got my papers back last Saturday. I turned out I didn\'t check what I was applying for: new, replacement, or renewal. I send it again last night - screw\'em.

Under normal circumstances, if they\'re processing in order received I\'d be happy tonight. I didn\'t care if it was taking a year, or two, as long as I knew when\'s my turn.
Now, when they process January - April 2001, with a lot of Sep - Nov 00 cases pending, all I can say tonight is: f..ck\'em, I can\'t even enjoy it. I\'m just tired of uncertainty, expired EAD etc.
Hang on, all you guys from RD year 2000. I wish you very, very best luck, and hope your ordeals are over soon, as is mine.
Thank you all.
PS.
Called senator\'s office twice: once in November, at that time I learnt my case was with an officer, probably that\'s called triggered INS action.
Second time first week of January, after my EAD expired.
I was told it was still being processed, and to call in 2 weeks if not approved, which would be just this week

Congrats Radek!

Well, I know my friend, it is not easy to deal with the uncertainty one goes thru this who INS process. Try to enjoy your approval. My ND is Nov. 21st, 2001 so I guess I can just sit tight and wait for turn of events as they occur.

Again congrats!!

Thank you, Haraputta and Boy Ohio

There was something in my past that added to the uncertainty;
I was in treatment at state\'s expense, so I felt kind uneasy about "public charge" issue. It was almost seven years ago, but still..

Question for Radek

Hi Radek,

Can you tell us how you approached the senators? Can you post your sample letter or email here for us to use as reference.

Congrats..

U deserve a break and so do we (Rd Aug 2000 ND Sep 2000)

hope for the best!!

senator

I just called the guy (got the number from a friend who\'d done this before, but you can find the number on the web, or phone directory).
I told him: INS officially says 330-360 days, mine\'s more then 400 days old. I added that this kind of situation puts me in a limbo, causing problem like:
1. daughter wants to go to college, she has to pay out-of state tuition not being GC holder, even though sh\'e the resident of the state.
2. when I was refinancing my mortgage there was a hassle of proving my status here, I\'m not H1 any more, and not a PR yet.
But that\'s just the icing on the cake. The most important thing is whether your case takes longer (I think 1 month is good enough) than what they say it takes.
You don\'t have to have any sample letter, they deal with this on daily basis.