Finally MY GC Approved after an Interview in Sacramento.

Pavana

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

My GC Is approved after an Interview in Sacramento, CA. Please wait I will post all the details very soon.

India EB2 PD May 1999,
Ciba Handle : GO

Please bear with me for the details. I will definetly post and answer any questions you have regarding interview.

Thanks
GO.

No Title

Please post details about the interview (brief list of documents, reason if known, list of question). Thanks a lot!

No Title

Pavana,

Congrats on your approval! Could you post some details ....

(trying to keep this thread on the top of the Q)

Good luck in your new life!

No Title

Please post your experiences whenever possible. Also give us the reason for your transfer .

Thanks
Unluckywaiter - Endlessly waiting..

Thank you all for you responses. Here are my experiences.

Hi,

Finally the day arrived for which we were waiting for almost 3+ years. That day we went to the INS office and as usual there were lot of people in the room waiting for their turn. For every fifteen minutes INS officers were calling people with their full names. They were calling the Names in the right way. I am amazed to hear that. Our turn had come after a 40 minutes wait. INS officer was very good and polite to ask us to follow him. We wished him and followed him into a room and he took the oath.

The First question he asked (ok let me put it in conversation format)

INS : Do you know why you were called here.
Myself : No !
INS : You were called here becoz you were not working for the company with whom you have ur GC processing.
Myself : No ! I am working for XYZ right now.
INS : But you were supposed to work for them !
Myself : No I donot know that.
INS : Your I140 is approved from them. So you did work for them some time.
Myself : (don\'t know what to tell)
INS : (Looking into the My Papers..... )
Myself : I have a letter for Intention to employ me after I get my GC
INS : You are supposed to work the same company... OK let me see that letter ...
Myself : (after few minutes of fumble ....gave the paper)
INS : OK please wait...(Went out of the room for 5 minutes)
Myself & Wife : GOD please help us to get the Approval today !
INS : OK ! you are going to work for this company after you get your GC.
Myself : Yes !
INS : But Y are you not working now ? Is there any rule that you cannot work now !
Myself : Yes ! I cannot work for them becoz I don;t have a GC.
INS : OK ! Thats fine ! Give me your passports ! your petition is approved. Let me stamp them.....
Myself : (big Relief Face)
afterthat we had a discussion for 15 minutes about US, India things like that. He also asked me about my company size and what do they do very generic things.

That\'s all we came out of the office after we got our passports stamped.

That\'s all to the story !

Hope this helps some of U.

All the best to all of you.
Thanks for the help and God bless you all.

Please update this CIBA under Personal Exp in your site.

SPecial thanks to CIBA.

My handle : GO

hi pavana a question for u

i think u worked for the sponsoring employee at some point in time? if so when did u leave them ?

where were u working at the time of the interview?

did they not ask u as to why u did not work for the sponsoring employee because... u could have made use of the EAD to work for them before the GC approval..

thanx

Congrats, Pavana! A question addtional to sniyer\'s question.

Pavana,

I also want to ask the same question as sniyer\'s.

Additionally, it could be a case study for the typical cases to quit the job after the I-485 petition.
My question is,
Q1. Was your status H1 or any equivalent status, when you apply the I-485?
Q2. Have you worked for more than 180 days after the RD of I-485?
Q3. How long you have been out of the employment with H1, and how it didn\'t make any problem if the unemployed time was long?

I\'d appreciate your answers which must be a BIG help for so many waiters.

Congratulations again!
-Hal

Here are the responses to your Qs

Q1. I was on H1 while my GC is pending. I was changing companies as I used to. I was on GC Company when my I140 filed. But before my I140 got approved I changed the GC Company and joined XYZ company. Since then I am with XYZ company. I couldnot joing GC Company becoz I did not had GC (That is what I told INS also).

Q2. I didnot work for GC Company at all while applying for I485. Becoz GC for future Employment. I had send INS my Current XYZ paystubs. That is WHOLE REASON THEY CALLED ME FOR INTERVIEW.

Q3. I was never out of EMPLOYMENT ON H1. I was always in STATUS and working for XYZ company while my GC is getting processed from GC Company.

I hope now you donot have more questions for me !!

Did you guys had a look at the INS Stamp on the PASSPORT ! I attached the jpeg image to my previous message.

Thank you.

one more question.. pavanna

When u filed for 485 .. what all documents did u submit?

Did u submit a future letter of employment from ur GC sponsoring company ( which u had quit and joined xyz?)

did u submit any proof saying that u are employed with xzy at the time u filed 485?

did the question not come up.. why did u leave them in between and what is the guarantee that u would join them after GC? Even if they did not ask, u must have thought of some answer at the time of interview.

your approval is a great boost to the morale of guys like me. i am sure.. this is going to help us a lot?

finally one more question : how did u convince ur attorney that u really are going to join the GC company (old employer)? my attorney is saying that he would truely represent and does not want to give letters for the sake of giving letters. my old employer is ready to give letters... but my attorney is not helpful.

i would appreciate you reply.

I saw the jpeg.. as i have not gone so far.. i dont know if that is what everybody gets stamped...

i wanted to get in touch with u thru email for more specific questions if you dont mind. you may write to me at isngc@hotmail.com.

thanx
sniyer

No Title

Yeah, I liked the JPEG - I\'d try to print a copy on my passport but the page format is not the same ;-)

Just kidding.

Take care!

Thank you for your reply, Pavana.

Thank you so much for your reply, Pavana.

But, I still have some questions in your case.
Your case looks like something special.

My Question is, "Why there is 180days rule??", it it goes like

"You don\'t need to work for the GC company for 180 days(after RD),
only if you have the GC company\'s letter of intention of the employment.
(You are right, GC is for future employment.)
And you may work for any other companies using the H1 or EDA card."

Anyway, your case gives a lot of answers to many other cases similar to it.

Thank you again.
-Hal

I will reply all your qs soon.

Please bear with me for the delay. I am too busy today.

I encourage you to ask me questions about my case. I will definetely post the answers as far as i know them and experience them.

Thanks.

Answers to SNIYER Q\'s

1. I submitted all the documents as necessary for I485 which were clearly listed in IMMIHELP.com.

2. Yes. I have submitted a futuer employment letter from my GC Company. I am starting my job with my GC Company next week. My GC Company already accepted my proposal to work with them. They are one NIce company I say.

3. Yes. I submitted my PAYSTUBS of XYZ that I am working XYZ company at the time of applying for I485. This is required that you still are maintaining your H1 Status perfectly (My guess !).

4. As far as Guarantee to join GC Company I showed them a letter of Intention to employ me after I get my Green Card. This is what the letter says.

5. Hope this case helps you. All the best.

6. The case was fully explained in the begining of the Processing of my GC to my attorney by me. I explained him that I talked to GC Company that they would continue my GC processing even after I leave GC Company to join XYZ company before the GC process ends. My Attorney is also a very Nice and Patient Gentlemen.

Please post all of your questions here ! If you cannot Please send them to GC_FORME@yahoo.com

Best wishes to all of you waiting for GC.