Finally Approved but having a funky situation now

Steve Hsu

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everybody, finally my 485 is approved for both my wife and me.
However, there is a funky situation now, my wife went back to my country with advance parole a month ago for summer vacation and now our 485 are approved, she might have issue coming back to US with advance parole approval notice. Anybody has any idea or know this situation? Any help will be highly appriciated. In the mean time I will try to get my lawyer onto this.

Here are my info

2001 -Apr Started Labor
2002 Jan Started 140
2002-09-27 485 RD
2002-10-25 485 ND
2002-11-15 1St EAD approved
2002-11-30 1st FP
2003-10-25 2nd EAD approved
2004-04-22 2nd FP
2004-06-16 485 Approved
My Case number is LIN03-019-52xxx
Changed JOB in 2004 May , not infom USCIS yet (approval comes too fast)
No REF at all

I was a quiet reader and gained a lot of precious information from you guys, thanks a lot and wish you guys good luck too!

Steve

Congratulations,

Great news that you have been approved without RFE. As EAD2003 has said your wife should be fine using AP.

I remember the tool you had created to automate email feedback from DOL and your daily posting of Approved cases with DOT codes. Seems a long time ago....

Good luck and all the best.

Thanks for the info

RSUR
I am suprised you still remember what I did before, I hope it's useful thing and Thansk a lot and wish you luck

Steve

Steve Hsu said:
Hi Everybody, finally my 485 is approved for both my wife and me.
However, there is a funky situation now, my wife went back to my country with advance parole a month ago for summer vacation and now our 485 are approved, she might have issue coming back to US with advance parole approval notice. Anybody has any idea or know this situation? Any help will be highly appriciated. In the mean time I will try to get my lawyer onto this.

Here are my info

2001 -Apr Started Labor
2002 Jan Started 140
2002-09-27 485 RD
2002-10-25 485 ND
2002-11-15 1St EAD approved
2002-11-30 1st FP
2003-10-25 2nd EAD approved
2004-04-22 2nd FP
2004-06-16 485 Approved
My Case number is LIN03-019-52xxx
Changed JOB in 2004 May , not infom USCIS yet (approval comes too fast)
No REF at all

I was a quiet reader and gained a lot of precious information from you guys, thanks a lot and wish you guys good luck too!
Steve, Congrats,
If you would not mind, I am curious to know if:

1. yours an EB2, or EB3 case..
2. work for a Fortune 500 (or just as big & well known) tech company?

Just curious... Thanks in advance for your response

sairam1

I am EB2 and works for a medium size consultant company (5000 people)
Never change company until May 2004 and still work at same client.
Non concurrent 140/485 and my lawyer told me they use Programmer Analyst as title
I hope this will help

Steve

Congrats, Steve.

It is good to know that they are approving cases withour RFE.

My case is simliar to yours only in that I also started my I-140 in Jan, 2001. However, I had a JUNE 2002 RD/ND. I am still waiting after my 2nd FP on 05/28. Hope, will get approved without RFE (like your case).

-sk

Congrats!

Your wife's advance parole is tied to her 485 application, and technically since her 485 is no longer pending, the AP is void. However, let me not alarm you. She can still enter with her AP as I've heard people coming in with AP in situations such as you describe. Even if her AP is not acceptable at the POE, they can still let her in under 'deferred inspection'. She then can go to the nearest INS office and have her passport stamped.

The above information is based on posts by Jim Mills, an attorney who used to frequent these boards quite often 2 years ago. I wonder if Jim is still around.......

frodo said:
Congrats!

Your wife's advance parole is tied to her 485 application, and technically since her 485 is no longer pending, the AP is void. However, let me not alarm you. She can still enter with her AP as I've heard people coming in with AP in situations such as you describe. Even if her AP is not acceptable at the POE, they can still let her in under 'deferred inspection'. She then can go to the nearest INS office and have her passport stamped.

The above information is based on posts by Jim Mills, an attorney who used to frequent these boards quite often 2 years ago. I wonder if Jim is still around.......
Thanks a lot Frodo, information you provide match exactly what my lawyer told me an hour ago so I should not be worried. and Wish you luck for your GC

Steve