Filing H1B Self / Lawyer / Regualar / Premium

statusquery

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I'm planning on Filing H1B for my brother through a company. I will be paying out of my pocket to file for H1, all supported documents the company will be provided by the company. My questions are.

1. Is it better to go thru lawyer to file for H1B.
2. If so, How much a lawyer charges (approx.).
3. It's suggested to go via premium processing due to quota limitations. If I file in Premium and hopefully gets approval does my brother have to come to us immeditely is there a time limit.
4. If I can do it on my own. Does anyone have the steps to file for H1B and all the required documents list. how much does it cost.

Thanx

statusquery said:
Gurus,

I'm planning on Filing H1B for my brother through a company. I will be paying out of my pocket to file for H1, all supported documents the company will be provided by the company. My questions are.

1. Is it better to go thru lawyer to file for H1B.
---YES
2. If so, How much a lawyer charges (approx.).
Lawyer may charge 750 to 1200 it all depends on lawyer
3. It's suggested to go via premium processing due to quota limitations.
---- YES
If I file in Premium and hopefully gets approval does my brother have to come to us immeditely is there a time limit.
----- he can came late that is not problem, first lawyer or employer has to file H1 with USCIS then it may take 20-25 days to get approved then 5-8 days for approval notice then approval notice to be maled to your brother with employer letter and copy of petition then he gets H1 visa stamp, once that is over he can come to US after geting H1 visa stamp any day
4. If I can do it on my own. Does anyone have the steps to file for H1B and all the required documents list. how much does it cost.
---- better file through lawyer, others will post the reply to your second part of question
Thanx

If you file

If you file it will cost $115 filing fees + $1000 premium process plus fedex/postal chanrges. Plus credential evaluations $ 150-200.
1.First step is get LCA (Labor condition application) from the state where the employer intend to employ. This will give you prevailing wage for offered positions.

2. If the candidate is only a Bsc/Bcom etc you have to do credential evalutions.

3. For H1 all the applicaitons forms are availble @ www.ins.gov

4. Collect all the transcript, experience certificates, training certificates, degree certificates from the candidate.

First finish these 4 steps

Cont..d

However it is better to engage an attorney, incase any RFE comes they will handle it very professionally. Now a days RFEs coming some time 2 full pages.
Just 750-1200$ attorney fees do not loose the chance !!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: