filing AR-11 ??

xunp

Hi,

I filed I-485 as a depedent of my husband in California (CSC). The case was transferred to SF local office in Dec.2004. Right now I have moved to Massechusettes to start a new job. My husband is still employed/staying in California. The questions are: shall I file AR-11 to update my address?
How will the two addresses situation affect our pending I-485 application? Will it cause the case transfer again?

Thanks for your help.

xunp

xunp said:
Hi,

I filed I-485 as a depedent of my husband in California (CSC). The case was transferred to SF local office in Dec.2004. Right now I have moved to Massechusettes to start a new job. My husband is still employed/staying in California. The questions are: shall I file AR-11 to update my address?
How will the two addresses situation affect our pending I-485 application? Will it cause the case transfer again?

Thanks for your help.

xunp

If your relocation to Massechusette in temporary in nature (e.g less than six months), you don't need to file AR-11. However, if you moved for a permanent job where you need to live there longer period, you must file AR-11.

Also, if you do file AR-11 with the Department of Homeland Security, do not assume that DHS will share the new address info with the SF local office. Send a copy of the AR-11 to the SF local office, otherwise they won't know to send things to you in Mass.

maiaia