Filing Address and type of filing for EAD(I765)

gctracker2

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Recent changes to the rules for filing I765 for EAD renewal is confusing me. My I485 is employment based case. Does my wife's case will be Employment based or Family based case? according to the new rule Family based cases are to be filed at Chicago office. I've to renew the EAD for my wife. But we're not sure where to send. Anyone knows about Efiling also. Is it fast?

Any info is highly appreciated.

Thanks....

You and your wife send your applications to where your Employment based I-485 is pending. I did paper filing because then you don't need to go for the biometric fingerprint. Either way seems to be OK.

The above advise is right. :D

This is EB and C9 case, I765 would be filed where 485 is pending.

Understand this that your spouse is immidiate relative and is benificiary of ur EB based pettition, would be granted GC as immidiate relative once u get approval. in simple word the same EB catagery would be applied for her as immidiate relative,

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceofJungle said:
The above advise is right. :D

This is EB and C9 case, I765 would be filed where 485 is pending.

Understand this that your spouse is immidiate relative and is benificiary of ur EB based pettition, would be granted GC as immidiate relative once u get approval. in simple word the same EB catagery would be applied for her as immidiate relative,

Good Luck

My case (i-485) is transferred to local office at newark. That means I-485 is pending in the local office. I had talk with the immigration officer at the local office and she told me send it to vermount.

What should i do?

joeshibs said:
My case (i-485) is transferred to local office at newark. That means I-485 is pending in the local office. I had talk with the immigration officer at the local office and she told me send it to vermount.

What should i do?

I did speak to an immigration officer, and she asked me to send it to Chicago. I guess Chicago is correct. Even if you send it to Vermont, they are going to either send it back to you again for sure as one guy had posted similar experience.

So send it to Chicago to avoid delays.

Photos for EAD CARD

Thanks for all the info. I got one more question. Previously we used to take the immigration photos at Sears. This time we went to Walgreens and they are saying that Immigration rules are changed (In Sept 2004) and now photos should be taken as passport photos.They took the front view, not the side view. Did anyone has the same experience??? All info is appreciated.

Thanks,
Satya

gctracker2 said:
Thanks for all the info. I got one more question. Previously we used to take the immigration photos at Sears. This time we went to Walgreens and they are saying that Immigration rules are changed (In Sept 2004) and now photos should be taken as passport photos.They took the front view, not the side view. Did anyone has the same experience??? All info is appreciated.

Thanks,
Satya

Walgreens is absolutely right