Filed I-485 - Biometrics when?

someone2007

Registered Users (C)
Hello All...
I sent my I-485 Application last week and got the receipt 2 days later ..
but I haven't got a biometrics appointment yet!

How long it usually takes to get it after the receipt?

I have done bio last year in September for my travel document, so I think it has not been expired yet, is it possible that they do not send me bio appointment and just depend on last year's ?

Thank you in advance

My receipt date is 07/15/09 and my Biometrics appointment was 08/18/09 (A little over 30 days later) I hope this helps.

My receipt date is 07/15/09 and my Biometrics appointment was 08/18/09 (A little over 30 days later) I hope this helps.

Thanks Dave
but when did you receive your Bio Appointment Notice? did you receive it together with the I-485 receipt or separately? if separately, after how long from the I-485 receipt date?

I would have to check the exact date but it was within 2 weeks of my 07/15/09 receipt date.
I received separately (not with the I-485 notice).

I would have to check the exact date but it was within 2 weeks of my 07/15/09 receipt date.
I received separately (not with the I-485 notice).

I got the notice yesterday
Bio is Sep. 21st
almost 5 weeks after the I-485 receipt

Thanks

My receipt date was January 30th, 2009 and Biometrics were takeon on February 19th, 2009.

I filed at the Nebraska Service Center.

don't want to nag but sometimes i feel unlucky that i couldn't send my application to TSC and had to send it to NSC. they are super SLOW there!! i feel jealous!! ;)

scully51, quick question if u don't mind me asking. what is that Bio Code 3 in ur signature?? where did u get that from??

tributeblinky: Bio Code 3 is the code for the biometrics uscis requested. Code 3 is for photo and finger prints.

I hear you about NSC, but be patient...when I sent in my application, I had resolved to wait 12 months as the processing times were of 9 months. To have gotten it in 7.5 months is pretty good. Be patient.

Last edited by a moderator: