Filed Criminal case against husband in home country.Is there anyway I can report to USCIS about that

helpless4now

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I really appreciate and thankfull to all the people in this forum for their responses to my previous posts.As I have already specified in many of my previous posts I had my pending derivative I-485 withdrawn as the primary has withdrawn his I-485(he thought that I will not give him divorce till I get my 485 approved).My husband had physically,menatally abused me when I am in US.Now I am in my home country and filed criminal case against him and court issued orders to seize his passport and arrest him whenever he enters into my home country.

Is there anyway that I can report to USCIS about the criminal case on him in my home country by sending the court papers attached to his passport,old H1B copy(I dont have current approval of him),with drawn I-485.

I am sure he will again apply for I-485.If it all he applies will USCIS use same old A#.If at all they use the same A# which he had on with drawn I-485. I wanted to send the criminal case documents of him by attaching to his A#.

Please help me out by answering is there anything that I can do in this scenario by reporting to USCIS.I really did a big mistake by leaving him without filing case against him while I was in US but now I am happy I did that atleast in my home country and I wanted to proceed further so that this case in my home country will affect his future H1 extensions and Greencard processing.

Once again Thankyou for reading my case

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I really appreciate and thankfull to all the people in this forum for their responses to my previous posts.As I have already specified in many of my previous posts I had my pending derivative I-485 withdrawn as the primary has withdrawn his I-485(he thought that I will not give him divorce till I get my 485 approved).My husband had physically,menatally abused me when I am in US.Now I am in my home country and filed criminal case against him and court issued orders to seize his passport and arrest him whenever he enters into my home country.

Is there anyway that I can report to USCIS about the criminal case on him in my home country by sending the court papers attached to his passport,old H1B copy(I dont have current approval of him),with drawn I-485.

I am sure he will again apply for I-485.If it all he applies will USCIS use same old A#.If at all they use the same A# which he had on with drawn I-485. I wanted to send the criminal case documents of him by attaching to his A#.

Please help me out by answering is there anything that I can do in this scenario by reporting to USCIS.I really did a big mistake by leaving him without filing case against him while I was in US but now I am happy I did that atleast in my home country and I wanted to proceed further so that this case in my home country will affect his future H1 extensions and Greencard processing.

Hmm... I believe your home country is India, in such a case, a good lawyer will be able to get your ex out of trouble in US because Indian laws falls foul of due process (and its own constitution) when it comes cases such a these.

Hmm... I believe your home country is India, in such a case, a good lawyer will be able to get your ex out of trouble in US because Indian laws falls foul of due process (and its own constitution) when it comes cases such a these.

Yes you are right I am from India.As you said Is there nothing I can do to that guy.I wanted him to keep in trouble so that atleast he will not repeat the things he have done to me in the future.

Yes you are right I am from India.
As you said Is there nothing I can do to that guy.
---------------nothing in US.
I wanted him to keep in trouble so that atleast he will not repeat the things he have done to me in the future.
-----------------Why are you trying to waste your time? Let him live his life. Why are you thinking about him or planning to give him trouble? Relax. Revenge is affecting you psychologically. Forget the past.

It is one side story and we don’t know about other party story.

Hi,

I really appreciate and thankfull to all the people in this forum for their responses to my previous posts.
As I have already specified in many of my previous posts I had my pending derivative I-485 withdrawn as the primary has withdrawn his I-485(he thought that I will not give him divorce till I get my 485 approved).
------------------------[B]if the Primary has withdrawn his I-485 then derivative I-485 is not valid and you cant do anything.[/B]My husband had physically,menatally abused me when I am in US.

----------------------- why dont you report to police in US at that time?Now I am in my home country and filed criminal case against him and court issued orders to seize his passport and arrest him whenever he enters into my home country.
------------------------Any good lawyer will save him in India.

--------------------------USCIS has nothing to do with Indian law. may be the case is false. many register false cases again NRI to get money.

I am sure he will again apply for I-485.
--------if he is eligible he may or may not. Only he can give the answer.

If it all he applies will USCIS use same old A#.If at all they use the same A# which he had on with drawn I-485. I wanted to send the criminal case documents of him by attaching to his A#.

Please help me out by answering is there anything that I can do in this scenario by reporting to USCIS.
I really did a big mistake by leaving him without filing case against him while I was in US but now I am happy I did that atleast in my home country and I wanted to proceed further so that this case in my home country will affect his future H1 extensions and Greencard processing.
-------------------------XYZ living in India can file 10 cases for person living in US by bribing police officer and it does not prove the person who is out of India is guilty. cases registred in india has nothing to do with USCIS or GC.

---------------------

I can forgive, but I cannot forget, is only another way of saying, I will not forgive. Forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note--torn in two, and burned up, so that it never can be shown against one. -- Henry Ward Beecher

"Not to forgive is to be imprisoned by the past, by old grievances that do not permit life to proceed with new business. Not to forgive is to yield oneself to another's control... to be locked into a sequence of act and response, of outrage and revenge, tit for tat, escalating always. The present is endlessly overwhelmed and devoured by the past. Forgiveness frees the forgiver. It extracts the forgiver from someone else's nightmare." - Lance Morrow

"To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.”
"To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness.”

“Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.”
Oscar Wilde

“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
We are all full of weakness and errors; let us mutually pardon each other our follies
--Voltaire

Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting. --William A. Ward
Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heal that has crushed it.
--Mark Twain

We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.
Martin Luther King, jr.

Immigration and International laws are different, not sure if you can do that (personally), but your home country court should direct if any thing should happen...

It is one side story and we don’t know about other party story.
I never asked in my question to beleive me or my side story I only asked for the possibilities I can do

----------- why dont you report to police in US at that time?--------------

At that time I thought why to spoil his career by reporting to police and I silently faced...but I came to know that I did a big mistake when he started making my life more miserable.

------USCIS has nothing to do with Indian law. may be the case is false. many register false cases again NRI to get money.
In my case he took all my hard earned money.

Thankyou all for your valuable responses

People who are patiently waiting for change in spouse... WAKE UP

I never asked in my question to beleive me or my side story I only asked for the possibilities I can do

At that time I thought why to spoil his career by reporting to police and I silently faced...but I came to know that I did a big mistake when he started making my life more miserable.

It is good learning experience for people who is patiently waiting for change in Spouses, eventhough these are happening frequently.

This is the way many girls (boys too) are thinking, "why to trouble spouse's carrer", and getting into BIG trouble later. You can be patient if you both are living in India, because you can complain against them any time. Here in America, first instance report to both the Parents, Friends, second instance report to Police and Parents. That will save you from many problems in future.

if he runs away, give a police complaint in India and wait (long wait), until police takes some action to bring him back, only in few cases police could bring them back so far ...

In my case he took all my hard earned money.

Spouses always should have their own accounts, only portion of income should go to joint account for monthly expenses. Ofcourse still spouse can borrow and run away, no idea how to say NO to spouse.

do you have copies of bank statements of joint account?
Try to get here on H1b, you can take him to court for settlement.

Regarding domestic violence case ... unless you have strong evidences, and hospital records, its tough to succeed.

do you have copies of bank statements of joint account?

He never created Joint account or account on my name.I used to give him paychecks every 15days and he used to deposit in his account but I am having the salary statements given by the company every 15days...thats the only proof I have.

Try to get here on H1b, you can take him to court for settlement.
My H1 is still under processing for this year.....I hope I will come back but dont know if I can take him to court because he is saying that he spended all the money under family expenses and also as you said there is no way I can prove about the domestic violence now

He never created Joint account or account on my name.I used to give him paychecks every 15days and he used to deposit in his account but I am having the salary statements given by the company every 15days...thats the only proof I have.
------------------I don’t know how he can deposit the Check on your name to his account. I think you had the joint account and you may not be aware of that. FYI I don’t know about bank rules.

My H1 is still under processing for this year.....
-------------------If your H1 is under processing and filed by Consulting Company and gets approved make sure that US employer has job and will pay you and will not keep you on Bench. At this time USCIS is rejecting H1 extensions and H1 transfers filed by consulting companies or USCIS is asking lot of documents from employer.

I hope I will come back but dont know if I can take him to court because he is saying that he spended all the money under family expenses and also as you said there is no way I can prove about the domestic violence now
Is he from Andhara Pardesh?

Paycheck will be given under name, he cannot deposit unless account is joint account. You may need to check on this...

BTW, Did you file MTR for your 485 being withdrawn without your consent?

-------------------If your H1 is under processing and filed by Consulting Company and gets approved make sure that US employer has job and will pay you and will not keep you on Bench. At this time USCIS is rejecting H1 extensions and H1 transfers filed by consulting companies or USCIS is asking lot of documents from employer.
The company which I used to work on EAD hired me as a consultant from oct2009 and gave me clientletter,Workorder,contract agreement and with those I filed my H1 through a consulting company....but I am not sure if my H1 will be accepted even though I have all the documents and job in hand as I have filed through consulting company

------------------I don’t know how he can deposit the Check on your name to his account. I think you had the joint account and you may not be aware of that. FYI I don’t know about bank rules.
Its possible to deposit in his account if I sign on the back of the paycheck(there will a column on the back of paycheck for the signature)

Paycheck will be given under name, he cannot deposit unless account is joint account. You may need to check on this...
Paycheck is given on my name only....but on the back of the paycheck there will be a column for the signature...I used to sign on the back of the paycheck and give it to him and he used to deposit in his account
BTW, Did you file MTR for your 485 being withdrawn without your consent?
I consulted two immigration lawyers and they said that there will be no use of filing MTR as primary has with drawn his I-485

once you get here, you can contact the bank, they will help. If they don't heed you, court will make them answer. Do you know which bank and branch? Did he ever take you there?

Further do you know his category EB2 or EB3? Once you are here, you can write to USCIS that he is absconding from marriage, domestic violence, no spousal support etc.

once you get here, you can contact the bank, they will help. If they don't heed you, court will make them answer. Do you know which bank and branch? Did he ever take you there?

Further do you know his category EB2 or EB3? Once you are here, you can write to USCIS that he is absconding from marriage, domestic violence, no spousal support etc.

He never took me to the bank but his account is in BOFA,NJ(dont know branch in NJ).His category is EB3