Filed a Lawsuit and Won - Thanks everyone

pankajkandhari

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Just wanted to say to everyone that I was waiting for my wife to become USC and we were waiting for 2 years. After getting inspiration from this forum, I filled a Writ of Mandamus and we won. She got her citizenship on June 27th. We filled this case on Feb 3rd.

I want to thank all of you who helped, special thanks to Publicus for starting this thread about lawsuit and now after years of wait, we have won.

One interesting this I want to share with everyone that when we filled this case, after 1 week we got a call from US Attorney's office saying, I quote "Her case is pending and now she can wait for rest of her life". Keep in mind this was after I asked her so what is the status on her case.

This got me so mad that I decided I will do everything in my power to make sure we win this case and nail these ba*****

Thanks again to everyone who helped me in filing.

Congratulations!

Guys like you are the source of inspiration for so many ppl like us. Could you elobrate on your wife's case. Did your case go to court? did you have a laywer to represent you?
Thanks and good luck with your AOS.

ip_everywhere said:
Congratulations!

Guys like you are the source of inspiration for so many ppl like us. Could you elobrate on your wife's case. Did your case go to court? did you have a laywer to represent you?
Thanks and good luck with your AOS.

Sorry for delay in response, Actually I filled Pro Se. I never went to court as they called me at the end of 45 days, asked for extension. I gave them extension for another 45 days and then at end of day 40 (ext) we got interview letter. Then it took another 2 months for the Oath after that. So total 5 months time.

Thanks

Congratulations!

I admire what you did. I’m wondering, can you or did you file the Writ of Mandamus even without an interview? My March 22 interview was cancelled “due to unforeseen circumstance” and I never got anything from VSC or Philadelphia DO ever since. I’m exploring all avenues now, including legal means if there is one feasible.

Thank you for the information.

bhw4033 said:
Congratulations!

I admire what you did. I’m wondering, can you or did you file the Writ of Mandamus even without an interview? My March 22 interview was cancelled “due to unforeseen circumstance” and I never got anything from VSC or Philadelphia DO ever since. I’m exploring all avenues now, including legal means if there is one feasible.

Thank you for the information.

Hey,
You can do that and that is exactly what I did, I also got same letter like you. But I will advise you to wait some more time because in our case we had interview cancelled "descheduled" for 1 year. The problem is, Mandamus means forcing them to do their job if not finished in a resonable amount of time. For you time is not that much. I have talked to many attorneys and have spent a lot of time doing this.

I will say wait 2 more months before you do anything.

Bye

pankajkandhari said:
Hey,
You can do that and that is exactly what I did, I also got same letter like you. But I will advise you to wait some more time because in our case we had interview cancelled "descheduled" for 1 year. The problem is, Mandamus means forcing them to do their job if not finished in a resonable amount of time. For you time is not that much. I have talked to many attorneys and have spent a lot of time doing this.

I will say wait 2 more months before you do anything.

Bye

I'm waiting for over two years now, since June 2004. Can i go ahead and file WOM. MY INTERVIEW WAS CANCELLED TWICE.

The problem is i don't have an example for WOM. all i caould fined here is the one for thoes get interviewed already, and file under 1447b law.

do you mind share your WOM example for us.

Regards,

Moody

moody22 said:
I'm waiting for over two years now, since June 2004. Can i go ahead and file WOM. MY INTERVIEW WAS CANCELLED TWICE.

The problem is i don't have an example for WOM. all i caould fined here is the one for thoes get interviewed already, and file under 1447b law.

do you mind share your WOM example for us.

Regards,

Moody

Hello,

My wife had same problem. She filed in April 2004 and was waiting for 2 years. You will have to file WOM but not under 1447b law. That is for people who have had their interview and waiting for Oath. for your case it is different.

I am really sorry that I did not keep a copy of this WOM. I know it sounds stupid but all you have to do is go to PACER and find a copy of all the cases against Donald Monica for Philadelphia.

I have thrown everything as we moved to a new apartment 2 weeks ago and I thought I was done with this stuff.

Good Luck and make sure you are not reluctant. Just do it NOW

pankajkandhari said:
Hi,

Just wanted to say to everyone that I was waiting for my wife to become USC and we were waiting for 2 years. After getting inspiration from this forum, I filled a Writ of Mandamus and we won. She got her citizenship on June 27th. We filled this case on Feb 3rd.

I want to thank all of you who helped, special thanks to Publicus for starting this thread about lawsuit and now after years of wait, we have won.

One interesting this I want to share with everyone that when we filled this case, after 1 week we got a call from US Attorney's office saying, I quote "Her case is pending and now she can wait for rest of her life". Keep in mind this was after I asked her so what is the status on her case.

This got me so mad that I decided I will do everything in my power to make sure we win this case and nail these ba*****

Thanks again to everyone who helped me in filing.

Congratulations ...

Nothing come easy :)

name check pending( Writ of Mandamus )

big Congratulation? well am in NJ also need LW

name check pending( Writ of Mandamus )

Congratulation, well am in NJ also need help of my pending case how much or fees the jawyer change and his/her contact , thanks and hope to hear from

Lawyers

I think we should try to make a list of lawyers in our respective area which we think are good. I have met 5 doferent attorneys before filing. I found one who has done these type cases at least 10 times before.

Problem is most of the lawyers do not know much and they misguide you. Either they are scared, or ignorant. I understand that this was a big decision that do we want to go with an attorney or buy ourself.

What do you think guys? Any comments