File N600K online while living in Philippines

rarthurs

My wife and I are US citizens living in Philippines. We would like to apply for naturalization for our adopted child. This form is the correct form for us to use, but, even though it is for use by citizens living abroad, it states that it cannot currently be filled out online if you are living outside of the US. My question is if that is still in effect, or can it actually be filled out online from the Philippines? Thanks.

My wife and I are US citizens living in Philippines. We would like to apply for naturalization for our adopted child. This form is the correct form for us to use, but, even though it is for use by citizens living abroad, it states that it cannot currently be filled out online if you are living outside of the US. My question is if that is still in effect, or can it actually be filled out online from the Philippines? Thanks.

Have you first ensured your child meets all the immigration requirements for adopted children? (I ask having seen a number of forum posts by people who have adopted /want to adopt children legally but do not meet the immigration requirements to bring those children to the US or transfer citizenship.)

And yes, you will have to mail the form.
If you are applying from outside the U.S., are applying for a fee waiver, or are a member or veteran of any branch of the U.S. military filing on your own behalf, you cannot currently file your Form N-600K online. Please see section 2 below for how to file your form by mail.
https://www.uscis.gov/n-600k

Ok thank you. And, yes, we are certain he meets the immigration requirements for adopted children. The adoption was finalized over 2 years ago, and we checked all the other requirements too.
By the way, can you tell me your fee for handling this for us? Now that I know that we cannot file this online, I would consider an attorney. Thanks.

Ok thank you. And, yes, we are certain he meets the immigration requirements for adopted children. The adoption was finalized over 2 years ago, and we checked all the other requirements too.
By the way, can you tell me your fee for handling this for us? Now that I know that we cannot file this online, I would consider an attorney. Thanks.
This is a forum where non professional volunteers try help. If you want legal services, please contact Mr Khanna directly using contact details at top right.