FILE 1447B or wait????

madh4

Registered Users (C)
We had our interview on 4/21, already past 120 days. We had contacted our Congressman in June and was advised case is still under background verification by USCIS. We missed a call from Congressman office in mid July. Despite my efforts could not contact dealing intern. We had our INFOPASS on 7/29 and we were told case still not approved.

Before filing 1447B, we thought will contact Congressman's office once more. They checked on their computer and as per their records " USCIS has confirmed cases have been approved on Jul/08. " As we have not heard from USCIS so far, we have requested our Congressman to take up our case with USCIS again.

My question is if our cases are approved on 07/08, how come during our INFOPASS, 21days later, they inform us that our cases are not yet approved. Can USCIS misinform Congressman?? How long should we wait to file 1447B. In our DO we almost have Oath ceremony every alternate day and there is hardly any waiting for OC.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had our interview on 4/21, already past 120 days. We had contacted our Congressman in June and was advised case is still under background verification by USCIS. We missed a call from Congressman office in mid July. Despite my efforts could not contact dealing intern. We had our INFOPASS on 7/29 and we told case still not approved.

Before filing 1447B, we thought will contact Congressman's office once more. They checked on their computer and as per their records " USCIS has confirmed cases have been approved on Jul/08. " We have requested our Congressman to take up our case with USCIS again.

My question is if our cases are approved on 07/08, how come during our INFOPASS, 21days later, they inform us that our cases are not yet approved. Can USCIS misinform Congressman?? How long should we wait to file 1447B. In our DO we almost have Oath ceremony every alternate day and there is hardly any waiting for OC.

Schedule another Infopass immediately and request to speak with a supervisor. Tell them what the congressperson liaison told you and go from there.

Schedule another Infopass immediately and request to speak with a supervisor. Tell them what the congressperson liaison told you and go from there.

First we asked Congresspersion liaison to mail a copy of letter which said we are approved. With the copy on hand we scheduled infopass yesterday. The officer an old lady expressed her helplessness to do any thing. Initially she said we are yet to be approved. When i showed her uscis letter to congressperson she felt offended. We accused her of not giving an us an opportunity to complete what we had to say. She went inside on the pretext that her computer is not working and told us as per computer we are in queue and we will get oath letter when it is our turn. She would not allow us to meet supervisor or IO. We saw no point in getting into further argument with her and decided we will approach congressperson again and returned.

Wait wait our story doesn't end there. To day in post we received our oath letter. The letter dated 08/26/10 but posted 08/30/2010 yesterday. We are pleasantly surprised. The letter has come from the same office where went on Infopass. But they told us nothing. That is the work of USCIS . We had to wait for 132days since our interview and finally it is done.

Last edited by a moderator:
madh4, congratulations. Can I ask which DO this is? I wish there was a way to hold people like that person you met at infopass accountable. So much anxiety over something that was clearly an approved case.

Wait wait our story doesn't end there. To day in post we received our oath letter. The letter dated 08/26/10 but posted 08/30/2010 yesterday. We are pleasantly surprised. The letter has come from the same office where went on Infopass. But they told us nothing. That is the work of USCIS . We had to wait for 132days since our interview and finally it is done.
Congrats..it could well be the lady looked into it further after you left which led to your case being scheduled for interview.

madh4, congratulations. Can I ask which DO this is? I wish there was a way to hold people like that person you met at infopass accountable. So much anxiety over something that was clearly an approved case.

where else it is chicago!!!!!