field I-485 about 3 years ago, currently with no visa, want to travel outside US

dahyey

Registered Users (C)
I filed I-485 in June 2007 when I had H4 visa as a dependent on my father's H1 visa.
I called them more than 20 times, they always tell me the same thing that my background check has not been completed. So, I am still waiting.....
Anyway, I want to travel outside US but I am currently not in any valid visa status, since I didn't have to extend my visa after I filed I-485. And, I know that I will need valid visa to reenter..

I am a Korean and recently no-visa service is approved between US and south Korea, but this is for staying less than 90 days.

So, should I apply for V-visa to have a valid visa before I apply for travel document or can I just reenter with no-visa service?

Last edited by a moderator:
What you need to do is apply for advance parole using form I-131. Make sure your application is approved and the parole document is received before you leave the US.

is that all? Besides applying for I-131, I don't have to hold any kind of visa to reenter?

is that all? Besides applying for I-131, I don't have to hold any kind of visa to reenter?

You have to wait until I-131 (Advance Parole) get approved. You can use that document to re-enter US. You do not need any kind of visa once you file the I-485.