Few questions for visitor visa.

riya20155

Hi All,

My in-laws want to visit USA. I guess they just need to apply for the tourist visa. They need for 1-2 months but I guess it is given for a minimum of 6 months period

1. So lets say it is given for 6 months, do they need to fly and come back India 6 months from the visa issue date ?
  2. Can someone help me providing the exact link where to find all the needed documents and process ?
  3. If they are applying from India ( Delhi) , usually how many weeks before they should apply (in case they want to ome here in June 3rd week) ?
  4. At what point of time can they get questioned about the reason\intent for visiting USA ?. Can they be denied visa if the reason isn't ok ?

Thanks

Sidhartha

A1: Their entry into the US has to be within the validity of the visit visa. Not necessarily their exit.
A2: List of documents needed is relative to every case. Basically anything that proves strong social and financial ties to country of normal residence.
A3: Apply at least a month in advance in my opinion.
A4: They will be questioned at the time of their visa interview. Of course they can be denied a visit visa.