Few I485 ques..please suggest

swordfish

Registered Users (C)
Hi forum,

Here is my question, appreciate and looking for any answers.

I have got cleared my I140 on March 29 2004 & I485 is still pending. I have filed I140 & I485 concurrently with RD: 04/25/2003 under EB2 category in VSC. EAD and AP are approved until july'03. My H-1 will be going to expire (6 yrs term) in Jan 2005.

Q1: I resigned from the job with employer A who has filed my GC in Dec 2003 since then working with another employer B, though my H1 with Employer A is upto jan 2005, iam not running my payroll on employer A. I filed H1 transfer with employer B and running the payroll for the same amount. Is that makes things worse during the course of I485 process?

Q2: Iam running the same salary with employer B, so if i go for AC21 in future, is there be a RFE or denial of my I485? Please suggest me...

Q3: Can anybody tell me approximately when would be my I485 will be approved? Since iam still single when should typically be the best time to get married?

Q4: Since my I140 is aprroved, Can i work on EAD? If "YES" are there any consequencies in near future since my I485 is still pending?

Please advise options.

Thx
swordfish

>>Q1: I resigned from the job with employer A who has filed my GC in Dec 2003 since then working with another employer B, though my H1 with Employer A is upto jan 2005, iam not running my payroll on employer A. I filed H1 transfer with employer B and running the payroll for the same amount. Is that makes things worse during the course of I485 process?

Filing H1 transfer has nothing to do with 485. Both are totally seperate entity. You can transfer as much H1 you want during 485 process.

>>Q2: Iam running the same salary with employer B, so if i go for AC21 in future, is there be a RFE or denial of my I485? Please suggest me...

Salary will not effect your case anyway, even it is more or less than mentioned in labor. INS just wants you to see employed before they give employment based GC. I think personally, there is no need to revoke AC21 as it will delay ur case further , if at all RFE comes, you can provide ur new company information. This will satisy them anyway.

>>Q3: Can anybody tell me approximately when would be my I485 will be approved? Since iam still single when should typically be the best time to get married?

No has answer to this question. You shud get married before your 485 get approved so your spouse can claim residency easily.

>>Q4: Since my I140 is aprroved, Can i work on EAD? If "YES" are there any consequencies in near future since my I485 is still pending?

Since your 140 is approved, you can very well work on EAD but h1 will be void once you start working on work permit. You will need to use AP for travelling. Safe bet is to work on H1 as long you can.

Hope this answer ur questions. Good luck