Federal Plaza--how long is the wait for oath letter?

joanne26

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

I just successfully passed my naturalization interview at Federal Plaza. It was on Thursday, Feb 25 and they were not issuing any same-day oath letters because of the bad snow storm that hit NYC that afternoon. I've looked through this forum, but can't seem to find anyone who did their interview at Federal Plaza who didn't get their oath letter on the same day--if anyone who reads this has had to wait for their oath letter, could you let me know about how long you waited for? Or how long you've been waiting for? I realise mine has only been a week, but the IO told me it would be 4-6 weeks before I got the Oath letter and that seems pretty long to me.

Other experience with this would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,
Jo-Anne

Yes please update who knows

I have done Interview on 02/10 and yet to receive oath letter, got a update email on my employment authorisation application which was filed in 2004 before greencard approval.

Dear Joanne,
I passed interview today at Federal Plaza and I get a letter saying that i recomend this case for approval. Did you get the same letter? But my wife got the Oath letter immiditely after Interview.
I heard that in some cases the Oath letter mail takes 6 months, even one year.in my building supper wife get the Oath letter after one year after she passed the test, so we dont know what is true.
but I think it should come within 60days, just the guess, Guys on this forum please help us to know exact position.

1/21/10 : interview date, passed and congratulation
Officer told me that I would receive the oath letter within 2 or 3 weeks

3/02/10 : I sent letter to the officer about my oath letter
3/04/10 : officer called me , he said everything ok, he just need to review my big file

3/16/10 : still not receive oath letter

anybody can give me a clue?

Thank you

1/21/10 : interview date, passed and congratulation
Officer told me that I would receive the oath letter within 2 or 3 weeks

3/02/10 : I sent letter to the officer about my oath letter
3/04/10 : officer called me , he said everything ok, he just need to review my big file

3/16/10 : still not receive oath letter

anybody can give me a clue?

Thank you

What did you put as address for letter. I just have first name of IO given by him that you passe dthe test etc..He was nice person.. I want to send him letter too as my file was pretty big. The first question he asked was HOw come your file is so big?

in form N-652, there is a check list about "Send any questions about this application in writting to the officee named above"

Big files: maybe my record of paper work...my background is clear.

No, I"m still waiting. :( Did you?

Based on indianexperts timeline, I think I'll probably get mine at the beginning of April for an oath around April 20. At least that's what I hope. I have tickets to leave the US on April 27!!

I got the "decision cannot be made" even though I passed all the tests. I did request for a name change.

I think I am royally screwed over nothing! The last thing I need is more bureaucratic drama in my life. :(