Federal Documentation proving Authorization to work in the US?

Canada007

Hello,
Below is a statement that is part of the General Information to apply at an employer I'd like to apply at. I have a Bachelors Degree and am qualified for the position and eligible for TN Status ( Canadian Citizen Professional). How would I meet this requirement or what documentation would I provide?

'If you are offered employment, you must present proper documentation in accordance with federal law that verifies your identity and authorization to work in the United States.'

Thanks.

Once you have approved TN status you will be issued an I-94 document (could be paper or electronic).
Your I-94 number (or Admission Record Number) and I-94 expiry date is your authorization to work in US. This is all that is needed to complete I-9 employment verification or E-verify.

This is the catch 22 for people wanting to work on TN status. You cannot get work authorization unless you have a job offer and approved TN.
And some employers do not allow you to apply to jobs unless you already have work authorization. So how do you apply?
No easy answer. In my case I did apply with the note "eligible for TN status" on my resume, cover letter and was called in for interview and offered a job. Larger companies are familiar with employer sponsorship and know TN status is fairly easy to sponsor.