Subject: Re: Inquiry for Name check status for <myname>

To,

Federal Bureau of Investigation,
National Name Check Program (NNCP),
Washington D.C.

Subject: Name Check status for <myname>

Dear Sir/Madam,

I was hoping you could provide me some guidance on my name check status
for Immigration and Naturalization purpose.

My full name is <>
Date of Birth is <>
Social Security Number <>

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

<myname>

Hey Outletvolt1,

I am back. It took 6 months for FBI to get back to you. That's ridiculously long. Even the email took so long, not to mention the NAME CHECK. I sent an email in Feb so I guess I should wait another month to find out if FBI received the request from USCIS.

Hope

Hey dood. Welcome back. Let's chart next plan of action. I am preparing
FOIPA request today, hopefully its results will help me nag FBI further via
congressman/senator.

FBI Name check is slowing us down....
I had 3 traffic violations.....I am guessing this could have triggered something....wondering if you also have committed any small or minor violations like me....Trying to see if there is any pattern FBI is following.....

I got a response from USCIS/FBI/Congressman as well..All said the same reason....
So we all could wait and hope for the best...

Good luck guys.

outletvolt1 said:
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:38:53 -0400
To: <myemail@server.com>
Subject: RE: Inquiry for Name check status for <myname>

Dear <myname>:

I am responding to your email dated January 17, 2005, concerning your name
check status for immigration purposes.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from
the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for you was received on August
10, 2004, and is currently in a pending status. You may be assured that the
immigration authorities will be notified at the earliest possible date upon
completion of this case.

Sincerely,

Michael A. Cannon/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

Sent: Mon 1/17/2005 1:50 AM
To: FBINNCP Email
Cc: <myname@server.com>
Subject: Re: Inquiry for Name check status for <myname>

To,

Federal Bureau of Investigation,
National Name Check Program (NNCP),
Washington D.C.

Subject: Name Check status for <myname>

Dear Sir/Madam,

I was hoping you could provide me some guidance on my name check status
for Immigration and Naturalization purpose.

My full name is <>
Date of Birth is <>
Social Security Number <>

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

<myname>

Hi Outletvolt1,

Did you do any multiple inquiries ? I haven't recieved any replies yet eventhough I sent the first inquiry on Jan 14th.

Thanks,
Sonpapdi

Hey Sonpapdi,

17th Jan 05 was my first email ever to FBI. Then I just fwded same email
in late May 05. But I guess that hasn't made any difference. From what
I have read so far, they are responding to Jan emails, I don't know if
they respond serially.

I_Need_GC_now:

Yes, I had one traffic ticket (my ever in US in 6 years stay here) July 04.
I attended online traffic school and paid the fine. So no points appeared
on my license. Does traffic violation really count as serious offense ? I hope
not. I don't think their is even evidence that FBI namecheck is slowed due
to traffic violations -- its just a guess.

Unfortunately, I had 4 traffic violations for the past 5 years, but I don't think it will affect Name Check process.

I am seeing atleast one of the patterns of FBI here....Already 3 people with traffic violation have name check pending....
Attending a traffic school will not eliminate your violation....but the info shown to Insurance companies....
So namecheck pending people let us know if you committed any minor violations like this....

Nope.
Neither me nor my spouse have any violations or traffic records.

I_Need_GC_now said:
I am seeing atleast one of the patterns of FBI here....Already 3 people with traffic violation have name check pending....
Attending a traffic school will not eliminate your violation....but the info shown to Insurance companies....
So namecheck pending people let us know if you committed any minor violations like this....

I think we should save our energy and not just blindly guess why we are stuck on NC. I personally don't think they check our traffic records. If they do, they have to integrate so many database, etc. I think they are already busy enough to deal with the current stuff they check. Well, the only reason they are slow is just they've got too many cases, too few people plus too old techinque.

Immigrants are not in their highest national interest, probably they are not interested in us at all; too many already. So lets just keep this forum alive and comfort each other.

Traffic violations

I have maybe 10 traffic violations and a DUI, hmmm, no wounder I am where I am today with my case...No liberty for me I gusee ; )
Life goes on man!

Later

Hi, I have applied for 485 in Sep 2002 and apparantly mine too is under FBI name check pending... I'm puzzled as to how people who filed in 2004/2005 have been approved when FBI name check from 2004 is pending?? Is FBI as bad as USCIS. no wonder most of the criminals get past these duffers.

I do not think that Driving records has any impact on being stuck in name check, I have no traffic violation so far but still got stuck. Being hit in the FBI S/W check is just a function of how common name one has and has any body with same /similar name is on the FBI DB. Also, FBI has increased the number of person they check against and hence increased probability of being hit.

What sucks is that Name check is completely non-linear process, if you do not get a hit in the S/W process then the name check gets done in days else it may need 1-2 years for the manual review.

will_get_there1 said:
I do not think that Driving records has any impact on being stuck in name check, I have no traffic violation so far but still got stuck. Being hit in the FBI S/W check is just a function of how common name one has and has any body with same /similar name is on the FBI DB. Also, FBI has increased the number of person they check against and hence increased probability of being hit.

What sucks is that Name check is completely non-linear process, if you do not get a hit in the S/W process then the name check gets done in days else it may need 1-2 years for the manual review.

This theory is not true all the time. In my wife's case, it was pending for 6 months because the original submittal from USCIS to FBI had an error and they did not communicate. when I started enquiry, I believe USCIS submitted again and FBI cleared it the same day.

Please read the email below from FBI:

------------------------------------
I am responding to your email dated January 13, 2005, concerning your name check status for immigration purposes.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for you was received on August 10, 2004. This submission contained an error and was not accepted by our automated system. However, our records also show another submission received on May 26, 2005, and it was completed on that same day. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, DC.

Sincerely,

Michael A. Cannon/gmg
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

-------------------------------------

detailed review

from what I have read on this forum, name check is a general term....there may be different levels of checks, with the "detailed review" as the most comprehensive checks....It involves different US government agencies.

I contacted two congresswomen for help/intervention. However, the USCIS replied saying that due to sensitive/confidential nature of the security checks, the details cannot be released to any third parties including congressional members. the USCIS has no control over the checks either, which means there is nothing you can do about it.

Just sit back and count days.

Baywatcher

I am also stuck in the redicule of "detailed review" which only got started 1 yr after the name check request was sent to FBI..do you have any idea what might trigger the detailed review and what are the normal procedure FBI takes to address it?

detailed review

matrixwarrior said:
I am also stuck in the redicule of "detailed review" which only got started 1 yr after the name check request was sent to FBI..do you have any idea what might trigger the detailed review and what are the normal procedure FBI takes to address it?
this is purely my speculation..ok, when the FBI initiated your name check, your name got a hit(s) in their databases..this may mean they have a file on you or your name is very similar to someone's on its watch list. to find out, they need to clear you out. it takes time as there are several databases shared by different government agencies, e.g. State Dept., Treasury Dept., or even the CIA.

Unfortunately, there is no way to automate the background check so far. the analysts have to manually go through their files or contact other sources to make sure you are not the "person" on the watch list. Sometimes, it may involve checking with overseas sources. I hope you should get a feel of the magnitude of the "detailed review" so far.

:-(

anyway, it's just my speculation. otherwise, I don't see why it takes so long to clear one's name.
Baywatcher