FBI NameCheck Email

winny1971

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know which dates are FBI responding for the FBI NameCheck Email. I sent one on Dec 30, 2004 and still no response. Do they response only if its cleared or for pending ones too.
Last week I got a 'No records' response to my FOIPA. They sent the letter within a week of sending the fax request. Can I use this to ask them to expedite my Name Check. Any advice gurus ?

Thanks

Yeah I had called...

When I called after 60 days, they told me that my name check was initiated in Mar 2005. Also told me not to call before next 60 days.

Winny1971,

Which number did you call? FBI or USCIS? Can you give me the number? I am in the same boat as you. My name check was requested on Dec 14th,2004, so far no answer, I sent FBI email on Feb 24th, 2005. No response yet. FOIPA came back clear. don't know what to do next besides waiting, even sick and tired of waiting. Lawyer is useless.

winny1971 said:
When I called after 60 days, they told me that my name check was initiated in Mar 2005. Also told me not to call before next 60 days.

How did you find out ur FBI name check status pending ?

What number did you call ? I sent email to fbi - fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov also tried calling 202-324-3000 (Lady says send email)..... but to no avail.

Appreciate your input.

- m

me too waiting anxiousOR

I had called the USCIS # and then transfered to VSC using the tip mentioned in forum. First time a nice lady told me that my Namecheck was initiated in Mar but the next time I called after couple of weeks the rep. refused to tell me anything and also told me that I had called couple of weeks back and should not call before 60 days....

Name check pending

Spouse 485 is pending. Today USCIS rep says name check is pending and advised to wait till june end.

Can you please advise what I need to do? Should I just wait or follow up with FBI.If so how?

Thanks
Saasbot
485 AD : 05/04/2005

any recent fbi response email ?

Please post any recent fbi response emails.
When you sent the email and when you received the response.

what is the tip?

vinny,
can you tell me what the tip is to get thru to VSC from the USCIS num? I am having a horrid time.

-Thnx

winny1971 said:
I had called the USCIS # and then transfered to VSC using the tip mentioned in forum. First time a nice lady told me that my Namecheck was initiated in Mar but the next time I called after couple of weeks the rep. refused to tell me anything and also told me that I had called couple of weeks back and should not call before 60 days....

To all,

I called USCIS, too. But they refused to give me the information when they initiated the name check to the FBI. So frustrated!!!! Another long period of endless waiting!!!!

To lcvirginia2002

HI,
We made a infopass and met the local USCIS officer and she told us that our name check was initiated on Dec 14th, 2004. And that's our last LUD. So I guess yours is from Dec,2004.

Dear anxiousOR,

What are the details for your case.
like PD, 485 RD, FP date and where FP was taken.

Thanks

PD Oct 2001
I485 RD sep 2003
FP Nov. 2004

To anxiousOR

anxiousOR said:
HI,
We made a infopass and met the local USCIS officer and she told us that our name check was initiated on Dec 14th, 2004. And that's our last LUD. So I guess yours is from Dec,2004.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your story. Hopefully, our name checks will be completed soon. Good luck!

Any recent FBI response email ?

Any recent FBI email response please post the date when you sent the email and when you got the response.

How do you find out if your name is being checked or cleared ?

140/485 concurrent filed on 5/29/03
140 approved - Feb'04
485 RFE (missing medicals) replied on 12/7/04.

LUD changed once in Mar'05 but no message/status change.

Called 800# on May 4th. No LUD change or mail from USCIS.

newkid

newkid,
If you have raised an enquiry with INS and they replied with 'delayed because of security clearances - lack of manpower' etc. Then it is most likely to do with FBI name check. Especially so because they are currently processing 6/3/2004 applications.

dec 17 email response recvd

jaireddy has received response for email sent on dec 17 2004. Any later email response please post.

Hi All,

Just got the FBI namecheck mail stating ours were processed and sent to USCIS. I sent the request mail on 12/20/2004. Hope this helps. It's interesting to observe that they received the request from USCIS on March 30, 2004, and processed mine and sent back on August 2, 2004 and kept my spouse's pending and only worked on it in Jan' 2005 and responded on Jan 19th 2005, after i sent the mail to inquire. Anyways, It doesn't make me feel any better coz i already knew that ours was OK, and USCIS screwed mine by moving the I-485 to EB3 instead of EB2 and i'm delayed by that for approval.

Last edited by a moderator: