FBI Name check promise a.k.a. Apr 2nd press release

Marker

Registered Users (C)
Per Apr/2nd 2008 press release, FBI & USCIS announced a joint plan to eliminate the backlog of name checks pending with the FBI.

Are they really doing it? My case was filed in Sep'06, that means my name check will be completed by Nov'08. Is there anyone one whose name check was done according to their published timeline?

APR 2 2008 press release URL:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Published time lines.
1. May 2008 Process all name checks pending more than 3 yrs
2. July 2008 Process all name checks pending more than 2 yrs
3. Nov 2008 Process all name checks pending more than 1 yr
4. Feb 2009 Process all name checks pending more than 180 days
5. June 2009 Process 98 percent of all name checks within 30 days and process the remaining two percent within 90 days

Thanks in advance for sharing your information.

Yes, USCIS is working with the FBI to reduce the name check backlog. Several posters have reported that their name checks older than 3 years have finally cleared so it looks like it's moving along. USCIS has not provided any updates since the announcement if they are actually achieving their goals.

It seems like it is moving along... my case was stuck for more than 19 months... got cleared 2 weeks back... so be positive, very soon your case should be done too.

My namecheck is pending for 14 months. Still has not been cleared yet. Hope they get to it this summer, otherwise I'm getting ready to sue them in the court.

Same boat as albertr, 14 months and counting. If they keep the goal, probably later this summer; if not, well, wom suit filed almost a month ago, will be 60 days some time in July....

My case is 14 months as well

My case is 14 months as well. last call was May 30th, 2008, they said background checking result not yet came back from FBI. My DO is Detroit, Michigan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same situation...

My last call to USCIS was last week - managed to speak to an Officer. She informed me that my name check was still pending with the FBI. Plus she suggested I go to their website and read their press release...

Getting ready to file a WOM.

we need to wait...(in my opinion)

Hi,

My
PD-04/07
FP-05/07

Per the time table I can expect anything only after Nov 2008. In my opinion we can defer the lawsuit until after the promised dates from USCIS. This will only make the case stronger.

If someone sues them now..they can always say..yes we have a plan and judge may ask us to wait.

patience is needed.

just my 2 cents..

Personally, I don't trust thier "promises" a bit. For me filing a lawsuit is just a matter of having free time on hand, and I've been busy at work lately. There's a class-action lawsuit pending in Philly's court, but the hearing has not been scheduled for it yet (just spoke to docket's clerk today morning). With that class-action not making any apparent progress, I'm losing last hope to avoid litigation.

my case is already 16 months

Personally, I don't trust thier "promises" a bit. For me filing a lawsuit is just a matter of having free time on hand, and I've been busy at work lately. There's a class-action lawsuit pending in Philly's court, but the hearing has not been scheduled for it yet (just spoke to docket's clerk today morning). With that class-action not making any apparent progress, I'm losing last hope to avoid litigation.

How did you get to know NC clear/complete dates, from 1-800 number?

TXC/Atlanta
Priority date 2/17/2007
FP:3/23/2007

Per Apr/2nd 2008 press release, FBI & USCIS announced a joint plan to eliminate the backlog of name checks pending with the FBI.

Are they really doing it? My case was filed in Sep'06, that means my name check will be completed by Nov'08. Is there anyone one whose name check was done according to their published timeline?

APR 2 2008 press release URL:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

My PD is 12/4/2006
FP 1/24/2006
Through letters to various folks and agencies I found that my NC was initiated on 12/13/2006. No word since then. Waiting for some form of divinity to intervene.

AP

They may keep the pace. My PD is Jan 2006, NC started Feb 1st 2006. I got second FP notice today and this may mean end of NC. Otherwise I see no reason for them to resurrect my APP.

My PD is Jan 2006, I was interview but got stuck on name check a week ago I got my second FP letter , so I guess it is working hope to get an oath letter anytime soon. Good luck guys.

My PD is Jan 2006, I was interview but got stuck on name check a week ago I got my second FP letter , so I guess it is working hope to get an oath letter anytime soon. Good luck guys.

That's funny, Dani. You got same PD as mine, looks like same N652 after interview, same 29 month of NC and same second FP notice withing a week of mine. Looks like our folders were collecting dust on a same shelf at FBI next to each other :D

that's Funny, Dani. You Got Same Pd As Mine, Looks Like Same N652 After Interview, Same 29 Month Of Nc And Same Second Fp Notice Withing A Week Of Mine. Looks Like Our Folders Were Collecting Dust On A Same Shelf At Fbi Next To Each Other :d

Lol

That's funny, Dani. You got same PD as mine, looks like same N652 after interview, same 29 month of NC and same second FP notice withing a week of mine. Looks like our folders were collecting dust on a same shelf at FBI next to each other :D

Lets hope they move our files away from that shelf... lol

Its for 485 only !!!

A USCIS officer told me that Apr/2nd press release is for 485 cases only !!!

Is that true or it was something that the USCIS person does not know?

Can someone please confirm.

A USCIS officer told me that Apr/2nd press release is for 485 cases only !!!

Is that true or it was something that the USCIS person does not know?

Can someone please confirm.

The name check backlog cleanup is for all namechecks that are backlogged, not just for i-485