FBI Name Check Cleared but waiting for 485 approval

desi145

Registered Users (C)
Since many of us are stuck in "name check", I am starting this new thread for those who are waiting for 485 approval, after receiving response from FBI that name check is completed.

Please post your approval of 485 after receiving FBI name check response.

Forgot to mention by details.
I received FBI email indicating name check was completed on 7th Feb, 2005. case details in signature file below.

desi145,

When did you send an email to FBI. I sent a fax in mid october 2004 and an email inquiry in Jan 2005 but have not received any response to both my inquiries.

gc_man,
send email to fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov and they will send you the response regarding ur name check status.

NANDPC,
I sent few faxes/emails in Nov, Dec, but seems like the letter which I sent to David Hardy's office in January made the impact. I sent it in regular mail instead of e-mail or fax.

Hi Desi145,

Can you let me know the address where you sent the request to. I want to try this.
Please help.

Here is the address.
Records/Information Dissemination Section
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W
Washington, D.C. 20535

More details?

Can you please include what all do you mention in your email or letter. I have never done this..

desi145 said:
Here is the address.
Records/Information Dissemination Section
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W
Washington, D.C. 20535
Hi desi145,

Thanks !

my CIS message is "the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

Do I have to inquiry the name check from FBI?

What does this mean?

The online status on my I485 is as given below, does it mean that my FBI namecheck is complete? Btw, we had done our FPs on 10th November2004
status msg :"On November 16, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Btw, my name(first and last put together) is rather unique, i am the only person with my firstname and lastname put together on the internet ( when searched thru any search engine). Same uniquness applies to my wife too, primarily because our last name and the way it is spelt out in english exists only in our family and not a whole lot of our family members are in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name Check cleared

I recived an e-mail from FBI saying that my name was done on oct23-2003 and again on feb-10-2005 and the results are fwd to USCIS. I guess USCIS lost my name check and requested again with FBI. Has anyone received similar e-mail.

my details are

I140- EB1- RD-may13-2003
I485- RD-Oct10-2003
F.P-April-10-2004
I140-A.D- August 2004

I485-A.D ?

My FBI Name check was done in early Jan 2005. Checked with USCIS early Feb. They still don't have the FBI clearance on file. It still says, FBI Clearance pending. Looks like they do loose the name check report and delay 485 processing. It is unbelievable how reckless they are.

Hi, usa1998 :

My name check was done on may 2003 and results forwarded to uscis still my -485 PENDING. How did you know your name check was lost in first instance and uscis requested second name check for you . I guess same thing happend to me. Can you give me advice on this.

My signature:
I-140/-I485 rd : april 10/2003
I-I40 AD : 04/04
fp : 02/15/04.
Received fbi response on 02/06/05 saying that May2003 name check completed .

Hi delayscks,

How did you find out that the FBI Name Check has been ordered for you ?

My I-140 was applied in AUG-2004 and I-485 was applied in NOV-2004. I have received my EAD and AP. Nothing else has happened.

So, I want to know the stage at which these checks happen(before I-140 approval or I-485 approval) ? Or rather want to find out what is happening with my case.

Do give some info about this.

Thanks
gcsfo.

delayscks said:
My FBI Name check was done in early Jan 2005. Checked with USCIS early Feb. They still don't have the FBI clearance on file. It still says, FBI Clearance pending. Looks like they do loose the name check report and delay 485 processing. It is unbelievable how reckless they are.

desi145 said:
Forgot to mention by details.
I received FBI email indicating name check was completed on 7th Feb, 2005. case details in signature file below.
Hi Desi145,

Any update on your I485 since your name check is cleared ??

no update on 485...i posted this response yesterday on another thread.
---------

I was happy initially to see my LUD for 485 changed yesterday, but later in the evening found that they approved my wife's second EAD. It's really frustrating to see that they touched my 485 to approve my wife's EAD ( but not approve 485, advance paroles or even my EAD).
I have a feeling that most likely they will approve my second EAD and AP and sit tight on my I-485 for another year (and touch it when I apply for 3rd EAD/AP).

Hi Desi145,

May be the LUD change is an indication that your Name check results have been received.. Good Luck.

I have sent a letter to FBI .. hope things work out good ..