FBI approval timing

unnati

Hi,

Me and my wife attended interview in april 2003. The officer wanted us to provide my wife's birth certificate. Also at that time he had not received FBI clearance for me.

We sent the birth certificate in october, and then never heard from INS (USCIS).

So, I went in today and talked to information officer, and he tells me they haven't received the clearance as of date !!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Do you know, what I can do to speed up the clearance process or why would it take so long ? :confused:

Thanx .

Sometimes Fingerprints are not visible clearly or your fingers might have had a scar or something , i had to finger print twice because of reasons unknown, they will sent you another letter of FP again but keep probing them about your case only then it will move forward.

shresht

Nothing can be done unless the timeframe becomes truly ridiculous, which yours is not. Many people wait this long, and longer. If the timeframe got WAY out of line, you could file a mandamus action in federal district court but that would be very expensive since you probably could not do it yourself.