FATHER SOON TO BECOME US CITIZEN.INDIAN GOVT NEEDS AFFIDAVIT TO APPLY PASSPORT FOR INDIA BORN CHILD

UAsInUsa

As per Indian passport law, if one of the parents is not present in India then father(or mother) has to apply for Affidavit and get it notarized only and only by the Indian embassy.

Here is the issue. I am going to become US citizen soon and want to bring family to USA. I still hold Indian passport so I can get an Affidavit notarized by showing my Indian passport to the Indian Embassy. I am going to mail/courier to India. Bigger question is, what happens if child does not receive Affidavit before I become citizen. Also even if child apply for passport with the affidavit, what would be the status of the passport application? I will be carrying US passport when authorities are working on Child's application. Does the whole process become invalid?

What are my options? Is there any other way to bring India born kid to USA after Father becomes naturalized citizen? My understanding is Child needs Indian passport to travel to USA. What can child do in case of Father is not Indian and living abroad.

Your help will be appreciated.