Family Sponsorship to Canada

cjclyde

My wife is Canadian citizen and I am an Indian national. We both live currently in the United States. I am on an H1 visa here while she is a dependent studyin here. I was looking into applying for the permanent residence in Canada being sponsored through my wife. I was told by a family friend who also happens to be a part time immigration lawyer that I would not be able to go this route because my wife lives here with me and is a student. So the question of "sponsorship" is out the window. As anybody come across this situation? I guess the only other option for me would be to apply through regular immigration or a work permit.

Your partime lawyer friend has no clue about spousal sponsorship then. Firstly, Canadian citizens can sponsor their spouses while living outside Canada. Secondly, to sponsor a spouse, there is no financial requirement. All your wife needs to do is declare her intent that she will move back to Canada when you are issued an immigrant visa. I successfully sponsored my wife while living in the US just last year.

Wife Sponsor Ship

Your partime lawyer friend has no clue about spousal sponsorship then. Firstly, Canadian citizens can sponsor their spouses while living outside Canada. Secondly, to sponsor a spouse, there is no financial requirement. All your wife needs to do is declare her intent that she will move back to Canada when you are issued an immigrant visa. I successfully sponsored my wife while living in the US just last year.

CAN YOU PLEASE ADVISE HOW DID YOU GET TO SPONSER YOU WIFE FOR A PR IN CANADA WHILE YOU WERE LIVING AND WORKING IN THE USA??IS THAT A POSSIBILITY AND HOW LONG DID THE WHOLE PROCESS TAKE. THANK YOU

The spousal sponsorship form clearly mentiones that Canadian citizens can sponsor their spouses while living outside Canada. It took my wife 16 weeks to obtain an immigrant visa in 2006.

wife sponsprship

The spousal sponsorship form clearly mentiones that Canadian citizens can sponsor their spouses while living outside Canada. It took my wife 16 weeks to obtain an immigrant visa in 2006.

Thank you for your answer, but in case of holding a canadian PR but living and working in the USA, would sponsering the wife be a possibility as well, and how long do the procedures take?? please advise. thanks

Canadian citizens can sponsor their spouses while living outside Canada. Canadian PR need to be living in Canada in order to sponsor their spouses.