Family based I-485 Approved . Interview in Pittsburgh

gcwaitforever

Registered Users (C)
Guys ,
here are the details of my case for all the v-visa applicants like me .

I130 Applied - 05/10/00

V-Visa Applied - 07/01/03
V-Visa Approved - 08/01/04

I-130 Approved - 10/11/04

I-485 Applied - 11/30/04
I-485 Approved - 04/20/05

The interview in Pittsburgh was very simple . The officer just asked us a few facts about whether we were still married , if we were living together ,etc.
Then he asked for the I-864 .Everything was in order so he checked the immigration number availability and then approved the I0485 . The case status has changed online and I should get the card in less than a week .

Cheer up guys .There is hope even for the v-visa applicants .

Congradulations ....

I am very happy that everything finaly went for you after a long wait . I got just one question for you . What was the priority date on your I-130 aproval ? I `am on the same category as you but my case goes like this :

I-130 filing date april 27th 2001
RD : april 30th 2001
ND : july 20th 2001
APproved : april 15 2005
priority date : april 30th 2001

actual visas number avail.. : Martch 01 2001

My question is , should i wait till the visas numbers available for april 30th 2001 before i fill out the aplication for I-485 or can i just put everything together and send them since next month would make my priority date maybe current ?

can you share with me what type of documents did you show up at the apointement and what type of hardd time you had experienced . And please tell me if i have to send all the paperwork that comes with the i-485 package all together ? ( exemple , medical , affidavit of support etc...)

thank you very much in advance .

best regards ,

Hi,
I don't think you can file I-485 without the priority date becoming current . You could get everything ready , get a Medical Exam Appointment and keep postponing it until the priority date is current (just to make sure it doesn't expire) .
In the interview I wasn't asked to show too much . The only thing that the officer was concerned about was I-864 (& I-864A) . I had put in my tax returns for last 5 years along with i485 . A letter from the employer is needed . He asked for it . Also make sure you take your bank acct statement and and lease agreements with you when you go .

I-485
I-693,
I864 and I864A(Notarized)
Birth certificate copies
Marriage certificate copies
Letter from Employer
Recent Pay stubs
Tax returns for last 3 years
Photographs
Filing Fees(and fingerprinting fees)

That is what I had given . Please check the website for more info .
\

thanks for the infos....

I really apreciate the infos , i`ll going to wait for the priority date and by the meantime i`ll put all the documents tougether .

best regards ,

gcwaitforever said:
I-485
I-693,
Birth certificate copies
Letter from Employer
Recent Pay stubs
Photographs

\

hey I need advice gcwaitforever.

When I applied changed my status from H1 to V1 I got A# first time on my receipt notice. But when I actually received the EAD (based on V1), It had different A#. Also, it had letter mentioning, please keep this half, which contains your
A# or N#. So, when I applied for AOS (I-485) I used that A#, in filing up the forms.
I-485 receipt notice had the same A# mentioned on it. Now I have received the interview letter, which has different A#. As always I have to bring new I-864. So, my concern is what A# should I use while filing up the I-864.

Approved . Interview in Pittsburgh

Hi ,
I am not sure which one you should use but during my interview I wasn't asked anything about the A# . I would think the A# on the interview letter is the correct one . I think I used the one from the Interview letter . If you have any questions you can ask at the time of the interview . I wish you good luck . Hopefully , your wait will end too .

gcwaitforever said:
I-485
I-693,
Birth certificate copies
Letter from Employer
Recent Pay stubs
Photographs

\

Do they require I-864A, as well even though if you don't have any children immigrating with you?

If your wife is working and making more than the stipulated minimum per household I dont' think it is neessary .Just to make sure it is better to take I864A because Support and Income are really important .