Family Based Green Card or visitor visa?

arorapkj

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I recently passed my US Army training and received my citizenship in Dec. 2016. I work as a reserve for US Army and I still have 5 years for the contract to end with Army. Before getting my US citizenship, I applied visitor visa 3 times for my parents but was rejected all the times. I was studying nursing back then and completed my Bachelors in Aug. 2015. I was wondering if I should apply for Green card or visitor for my parents. I am more inclined towards getting visitor visa than green card because with Green card my parents will have to stay in the US. Does it make the case stronger to get visitor visa after my citizenship and being with the Army or should I go with Green card since visior visa was rejected 3 times already.

Thanks,
PJ

Hi,
I recently passed my US Army training and received my citizenship in Dec. 2016. I work as a reserve for US Army and I still have 5 years for the contract to end with Army. Before getting my US citizenship, I applied visitor visa 3 times for my parents but was rejected all the times. I was studying nursing back then and completed my Bachelors in Aug. 2015. I was wondering if I should apply for Green card or visitor for my parents. I am more inclined towards getting visitor visa than green card because with Green card my parents will have to stay in the US. Does it make the case stronger to get visitor visa after my citizenship and being with the Army or should I go with Green card since visior visa was rejected 3 times already.

Thanks,
PJ

You can try the visitor visa one more time and see how it goes. If not then you can go with the green card but that takes a longer time to get processed.

Check out this link as well: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/visit/visitor.html#documentation

Ask for a visitor visa, write a (invitation) notorized letter they can show at the embassy.....