f1 visa stamping in chennai embassy

f1student09

Registered Users (C)
I am in india. I applied for H1 for october-2009, and the petition is with USCIS.
Now i got admission from a school from US and i want to go for F1 student visa stamping.
Would my H1 petition show up when i go for the F1 student visa interview?
Will that H1 be a problem for getting my F1 visa?
Please let me know.
thanks

Applying H1 petion is not a visa, it is just a paper. Even your H1 is approved you have to go to embassy to get the H1 visa. Some time H1 visa also gets denied.

Your case qualifying for a F1 visa is not related to your H1 which was filed in US.
Only visas are in embassy systems, not H1 petitions papers.

I am in india. I applied for H1 for october-2009, and the petition is with USCIS.
Now i got admission from a school from US and i want to go for F1 student visa stamping.
Would my H1 petition show up when i go for the F1 student visa interview?
Will that H1 be a problem for getting my F1 visa?
Please let me know.
thanks

Thanks a lot great_guru, really appreciate your help.

That was my concern, during the F1 visa interview, if they find out that i applied for H1 (its in RFE state with USCIS), will my F1 visa be in danger? I dont really truthfully want H1, i just want F1.

I got this concern because, if someone with approved H1 797 went to the embassy for a "H1 visa", the embassy will have the record about the H1 petition right?

So, when i go for F1 visa, will_they/will_they_not be able to pull out the record of H1 petition using my details like passport no, date of birth, first name, last name, etc.... ?

Applying H1b petition is nothing to do with US Embassy.

once h1B is approved and you take this approval paper to Embassy for h1B visa stamping your trouble start while applying F1.

Thanks a lot great_guru, really appreciate your help.

That was my concern, during the F1 visa interview, if they find out that i applied for H1 (its in RFE state with USCIS), will my F1 visa be in danger? I dont really truthfully want H1, i just want F1.

I got this concern because, if someone with approved H1 797 went to the embassy for a "H1 visa", the embassy will have the record about the H1 petition right?

So, when i go for F1 visa, will_they/will_they_not be able to pull out the record of H1 petition using my details like passport no, date of birth, first name, last name, etc.... ?

Thanks a lot great_guru. Appreciate your help. Has anyone been to delhi embassy recently? I am temporarily working in delhi for a project through my company. So was wondering if i can go to delhi embassy for F1 visa stamping. So should i take any documentary evidence of residence in delhi, to go to delhi embassy for stamping. My company does "not" provide any documentary evidence for work in delhi (this is a temporary project). What shall i do?

Try, you are not going to loose anything at Delhi.

Thanks a lot great_guru. Appreciate your help. Has anyone been to delhi embassy recently? I am temporarily working in delhi for a project through my company. So was wondering if i can go to delhi embassy for F1 visa stamping. So should i take any documentary evidence of residence in delhi, to go to delhi embassy for stamping. My company does "not" provide any documentary evidence for work in delhi (this is a temporary project). What shall i do?