F1 visa rejected based on 221(g)

deepab

Hi
I have been a PhD student for the past 10 months and had come down to Chennai today for my F1 visa renewal,but I got my visa rejected based on 221(g).I have been given a list of questions for which I am asked to send the reply through email.When asked if I need to appear in person,the reply was a "no".In the paper containing the list of questions,it said that it might take upto 4-5 weeks for a reply.They kept my passport and also took a copy of my I 20.
I was wondering what are the chances of getting my visa approved given my situation.How long does it usually take eventhough they have mentioned 4-5 weeks.Did somebody have a simillar experience?Please reply.
Thankyou.

deepab said:
Hi
I have been a PhD student for the past 10 months and had come down to Chennai today for my F1 visa renewal,but I got my visa rejected based on 221(g).I have been given a list of questions for which I am asked to send the reply through email.When asked if I need to appear in person,the reply was a "no".In the paper containing the list of questions,it said that it might take upto 4-5 weeks for a reply.They kept my passport and also took a copy of my I 20.
I was wondering what are the chances of getting my visa approved given my situation.How long does it usually take eventhough they have mentioned 4-5 weeks.Did somebody have a simillar experience?Please reply.
Thankyou.

It all depends on how best your replies are!!! Send your replies with solid evidences.

Pending administrative process!

Hello,
When enquired about my Visa Status with the ChennaiSAO,I got a reply back saying that they will contact me once the "pending administrative process clearance is received".
-Does anybody know what this means?
-Also usually how long will the visa issuance take place after this administrative process?
-Is this the final process?
Please help!!!
Thank you.

deepab said:
Hello,
When enquired about my Visa Status with the ChennaiSAO,I got a reply back saying that they will contact me once the "pending administrative process clearance is received".
-Does anybody know what this means?
-Also usually how long will the visa issuance take place after this administrative process?
-Is this the final process?
Please help!!!
Thank you.

Can you tell? what are the 221g questions and your answers.

F1 visa on hold according to 221(g)

Hi deepab :

I had my visa interview on July1 at the US consulate, Chennai. i was informed at the end of the interview that my visa cannot be issued rite now and they gave me a list of things for which i had to send an answer thro email.. similar to urs.

Can u please tell me the status of urs and any suggestions in this regard.

I got admitted to Tamu for Phd in aerospace engg., with assistantship.

Can u please tell me the chances of getting the visa.

Regards,
Sakthi

mine is similar case

I was aked to answer the questennaire and send the replies by e mail
Please inform me the replies

sandeep hyderabad

hai,

My case is also similar to yours. I have PhD admission with funding. Consulate withheld my passport and asked me to send answers to the 14 questions given in the sheet. I will be glad, if you could help me anyway in this regard.(specifically the format in which answers are written)

thank you
shivakanth.

me too in the same situation....any idea how long will it take for them to get back to us? and what are our chances of getting the visa?

krish

F1 visa pending under 221 g

hi all,
i also had my visa interview on 1st july in chennai.i am goin for phd with full stipend.mine is also a similar situation.pls tell me how have u sent ur replies for the questionnaire did u prepare as a report or a paragraph will do any pattern is necessary? it is said the document shud b in text format does tat mean we have to attach the other necessary docs like resume n career plans as seperate text doc? how hav u guys done it?
n hey deepab u seem to b the earliest so did u get ur visa ?pls reply. :confused:

221g..

I also have the same situation. I attended the chennai consulate on June 3'rd and they hold my passport under 221(g)..still waiting for the response. Deepab did u get your VISA?

Hi All

I got my visa on July 1st.Almost all visa applications like ours get approved.So don't get stressed out.Also keep calling the Dept of State once a week to enquire the status (all our files go to them).The chennaisao also replies very promptly when enquired about the status.On the whole, nothing to panic, just relax and enjoy the time in India.

got my visa

hi all,
got my visa on 5th aug .it takes 28 days fully dont call r disturb the consulate within this time its imp.
gayathri.

hi all

i had my visa interview onJuly 15th can you plz let me know when will i get my visa?

I have the same situatiion and they are holding my passport...the lady who interviewed me was soo nice to me and mentioned that i will be getting it in 2-3 weeks....the 3rd week is completed today!
please suggest!

:)

deepab said:
I got my visa on July 1st.Almost all visa applications like ours get approved.So don't get stressed out.Also keep calling the Dept of State once a week to enquire the status (all our files go to them).The chennaisao also replies very promptly when enquired about the status.On the whole, nothing to panic, just relax and enjoy the time in India.

HI DEEPAB...CAN YOUPLEASE LET MEKNOW HOW MANY WEEKS IT TOOK FOR YOU TO GET THE VISA? AFTER THE INTERVIEW?

Hi Friend I Recieved It Just Today

I GOT MY F1 VISA TODAY ( AUGUST 11) !! my interview was on July 15th.

THANKS TO ALL........ :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank

:p THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE IMMIGRATION PORTAL FORUM.

NOW I FIGURED THAT MOST OF THE 221(g) cases will get approved in a month from their time of F1 Visa Interview !!!

Thanks to Rajiv S Khanna !

Courier= Blue Dart

ONE MORE THING,,,,,,,,,FOR THE FUTURE FRIENDS....IN MOST OF THESE CASES.......THE COURRIER WILLBE BLUE DART !!! :p SO OFTEN CHECK WITH THEM ok?

Can any one please suggest me

Hi,
I am a student and my visa will be expired in July 2006. I completed my masters and joined PhD in the same university in summar 2005. I am planning to go to India in december'05. Can I renew my visa in december??.
Thanks in advance,

Do all the aplicants have to wait under 221(g) after F1 interview?

Are there any cases where F1 visa stamp is issued on the same day of interview?