F1 visa reinstatement--- Unauthorized employment

g35g35

I-20 reinstatement--- Unauthorized employment

hi i am an international student with F1 status.. last week my I-20 expired and i am applying for reinstatement, i have only 1 more subject to graduate. i am studying in this university for the past 4 years. i have been working offcampus for the past 1 year (unauthorized employment). i even paid the tax and collected my tax return. i want to know will there be a serious problem for me to get reinstated? is there any solution for this? if i dont get reinstated what options do i have? please help, thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
most likely you will be okay, IRS is not related with INS at all... try to do the reinstatement thing and you will find out. My friend has been working off campus since the first day he got in college, no problem at all at this point.

Will I get my F1 reinstated?

Hi,

I am in the similar situation. I worked at the research lab for my thesis and the lab is cooperated with my program but the research lab is still consider as off-campus (physically on campus). My international student advisor told me I am out of status (due to unauthorized employment) and need to do reinstatement. I read the instruction of I-539 and it said for F1 reinstatement you can't not have unauthorized employment. Will reinstatement help me get my F1 back? My I-20 will expire at August 30th, 2008 and I haven't get my degree (writing and thesis defense left). I engaged with my boyfriend who is a US citizen. If I get married before 8/30, will marriage fix my problem? I also have a job waiting for me. I planned to use OPT to work for the job, but because the F1 situation. I can't start working until I fix F1 problem.

Please email me or reply this for some suggestion. Thanks.

chuni_121@hotmail.com