F1 to H1.

subav

Hello,

I was enrolled in TVU and after it got shut down, went to home country in May 9th 2011.

I still have a valid visa till Dec 2011.

My question is:

Can I come back in same Visa but with different school's i-20? And if so, how long would I have to wait to convert that into H1? I'm planning to be in H1 eventually.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

I was enrolled in TVU and after it got shut down, went to home country in May 9th 2011.

I still have a valid visa till Dec 2011.

My question is:

Can I come back in same Visa but with different school's i-20? And if so, how long would I have to wait to convert that into H1? I'm planning to be in H1 eventually.

Thank you in advance.
If you want to study, apply at a real, accredited university, and concentrate on the studies and on actually finishing the degree. Thinking about an H1 would be premature. The F1 is not a visa to look for a job.
If you want to work, find an employer who can file an H1 for you. The H1 quota is wide open.
As for the F1 visa, you need a new one since it is more than 5 months since your SEVIS became invalid. Oh, and the TVU stuff of course stays in your file forever. So, from now on, you will have to do everything by the book. No shady, non-accredited diploma mill, no shady consultant...

hi Jo1234

my name is praneeth. I came to Oklahoma state university in Jan 2011 and transferred to Tri-valley university ( nothing hiding just to work from day 1 ) .....and everything else you know...............my SEVIS got terminated.. and I came back to India on April 7 voluntarily... though i have updated my contact details to sevis dept..... ICE or DHS has never contacted me and no NTA has been issued against me....... right now i am in India and i want to come back with new i20 from San Jose state university for September intake for my MS to study only... but i have some doubts regarding this............ is my old f1 visa still good enough though it is valid untill dec 2015... because it was return in some websites that irrespective of the validity of ur f1 visa if ur out of status for more than 5 months ur visa will automatically get cancelled...... and in another site it was mentioned that a student can re-enter within 5 months from his exit date....with new initial i 20 and sevis paid...... so considering the first one tri valley is closed on jan 18 .. and 5 months is completed................when considering the second one i came back on apr 7....... so i dont know which way should i take it..............please suggest me.........

Thanks,