F1 student I-20 terminated order to leave?

CharlotteNg0

Hi guys, I was an F1 student that got her I-20 terminated the reasons was « Unauthorized drop bellow full courses » I was then out of status and had very few options because it was totally my fault so I decided to go back to Italy.I never went back to the US or applied for any other visa

I’m planning on visiting Canada and I can apply for a visa waiver but here is the thing on the form there is one particular question :"Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country/territory?"

I never went to a court to be deported or remove and did not get any note or anything I left voluntarily on my own.

Since my I-20 got terminated does it mean the same as being refused a visa? and since I didn’t got any notice to be deported or go to court even though once your visa is terminated you technically have to leave immediately is it considered an « Order to leave ».I really want clarification on my situation so I won’t get in other deep trouble. Thank you

No , you voluntarily departed , that means your visa was not refused but it was cancelled per violation of F1 status. Depending on how long you been out of status, you will trigger 3 ( less than 1 year) or 10 years bar ( out of status for more than 1 yr)

No , you voluntarily departed , that means your visa was not refused but it was cancelled per violation of F1 status. Depending on how long you been out of status, you will trigger 3 ( less than 1 year) or 10 years bar ( out of status for more than 1 yr)
Thank you so much for your reply Everest2020! I left a month after my I-20 was terminated so I did not trigger any bans.That’s what I’m thinking but I’m not sure if I need to disclose it or if I would have problem at the border because of that.

Depending on how long you been out of status, you will trigger 3 ( less than 1 year) or 10 years bar ( out of status for more than 1 yr)

That applies to the US. OP would be applying for a Canadian visa. Two separate nations, two separate set of laws.

Hi guys, I was an F1 student that got her I-20 terminated the reasons was « Unauthorized drop bellow full courses » I was then out of status and had very few options because it was totally my fault so I decided to go back to Italy.I never went back to the US or applied for any other visa

I’m planning on visiting Canada and I can apply for a visa waiver but here is the thing on the form there is one particular question :"Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country/territory?"

I never went to a court to be deported or remove and did not get any note or anything I left voluntarily on my own.

Since my I-20 got terminated does it mean the same as being refused a visa? and since I didn’t got any notice to be deported or go to court even though once your visa is terminated you technically have to leave immediately is it considered an « Order to leave ».I really want clarification on my situation so I won’t get in other deep trouble. Thank you

You were refused a permit to study when the i20 was terminated. Answer Yes to the "Have you ever.. an other country" question and explain.