F1 status with Pending asylum

Sarona

Hi guys
I am F1 student and I have asylum pending with EAD asylum card.
I will graduate this month, but I was hesitate to apply or not apply for opt.
I want to apply for OPT to be able to apply for H1b visa
my question here , Does that will affect my asylum status. In addition , when apply for opt they need all Previous EAD cards
Should I provide and mention my unexpired asylum card ?
Another question
I have spouse under my asylum pending. Can he continue working with asylum pending EAD while I work with opt

Any advice , please let me know

Why are you applying for OPT? You already have work authorization with asylum pending EAD. Why do you want to apply for H1B when you already applied for asylum? I'm not a lawyer, but I would suggest to just continue using your asylum pending EAD and wait for your asylum case to be approved. Applying for OPT/H1B will just complicate your case

Why are you applying for OPT? You already have work authorization with asylum pending EAD. Why do you want to apply for H1B when you already applied for asylum? I'm not a lawyer, but I would suggest to just continue using your asylum pending EAD and wait for your asylum case to be approved. Applying for OPT/H1B will just complicate your case
I have read that it is important to keep your status to apply for H1b because asylum pending can take so long to get approved. Asylum pending is not a status

You might want too read this thread if you haven't already.

forums.immigration.com/threads/opt-application-while-on-pending-asylum-ead-on-hand.319746/

I have read that it is important to keep your status to apply for H1b because asylum pending can take so long to get approved. Asylum pending is not a status
You will not necessarily be selected for H1B visa even if you have OPT. Actually the odds is pretty low. You should count this in when you consider your situation.