F1 rejected

Santu121

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I have applied for F1 visa in November 2012 but it got rejected. So Iam planning to apply for F2 visa as my husband is already in US on F1 visa. Will there be any problem in getting my Visa for F2?

F1 rejected reapplying for F1 again

We dont know why you got rejected...do you have any idea?
lets start from there. we need more details...
The Visa officer told me that I have not met the criteria for the Student visa and said that I am going to US only to join my husband. She has given me a voucher which says that I have been rejected under 214(b).
One more thing is that I have been to US before on L2 visa. So is it better for me to apply again on F1 ? or should I apply on F2 ?

You don't seem to be a genuine student, that is why the consulate rejected your student visa. If you simply want to join your husband in the US, apply for a F2 visa.

You don't seem to be a genuine student, that is why the consulate rejected your student visa. If you simply want to join your husband in the US, apply for a F2 visa.
Thanks for the info, but I wanted to do my masters too... So in that case what would be the better option? get F2 first and then convert to F1? In that case,are the chances of getting my F2 visa be lessened because of F1 visa rejection?

How will you be paying for the tuition? Do you have enough financial strength given that your husband is also a student?

How will you be paying for the tuition? Do you have enough financial strength given that your husband is also a student?
yes we do have enough funds. I wanted to know will there be any problem in getting F2 visa because of F1 rejection.